The demise of Notts Forest

Posh Ram

It's exactly the same problem that Clough had at Derby a few years ago, and the only way to get rid is for them to be paid off - probably in full - so that everybody can move on. It took Derby a couple of years to move our worthless dross on, and it probably cost our investors an arm and a leg to do it.

Except it's even worse for them now, because if they pay them off, they're effectively doubling-down on the losses (paying out cash to take an expensive asset off the books). So that's just going to rack up the FFP losses next year as well.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're Abdouned - Abdouned, I tell ye.

The thing the bone-headed gumps of LTLF fail to realise is that the reason that they are stuck with Halford, Abdoun and co is that

a) they are utter garbage

b) they are earning a fortune for doing nothing

c) no bugger with any sense wants them

It's exactly the same problem that Clough had at Derby a few years ago, and the only way to get rid is for them to be paid off - probably in full - so that everybody can move on. It took Derby a couple of years to move our worthless dross on, and it probably cost our investors an arm and a leg to do it.

Fridgy, of course, hasn't got a couple of years. He is having to mortgage the crown jewels (how he conned Newcastle into financing the purchase of Alongerdongler I will never know), and it's now the last chance saloon. Promotion this season - or bust.

Absolutely ,unless the family up the pocket money and I wonder how long they will give him .

I used to think that the words of Alf were the most stupid I read on LTLF from a sheer consistency-of-ludicrous-drivel basis, but apparently there is someone even more demented than he. The current discussion revolves around diving and Derby, and we all know that Chris Martin is occasionally gravitationally challenged, but can anyone honestly, hand on heart, justify this statement by their latest winner of the COTW* award:

Play the right way by diving? Not sure I would agree that is the right away....

The game they play is based almost entirely on winning free kicks or dubious penalties, not sure I would want us to copy that.

Since when, under McClaren, did we suddenly become a one-dimensional set-piece reliant team?

We've scored one goal from a corner this season, none from a direct free kick, one from the penalty spot and have only been successful with 3 out of our last 9 penalties.

*Cretin Of The Week (take a bow, incapable hulk)

We're top of the league because our opposition are scared of us diving around the box. 

Genuine theory on their part, incredibly. 

As a bunch of people that don't watch the games, surely they can only go by what the numbers tell them? Yet, in this case their opinions directly oppose what the numbers tell them. 

I don't think you can put it down to stupidity; you can only call it denial.

I used to think that the words of Alf were the most stupid I read on LTLF from a sheer consistency-of-ludicrous-drivel basis, but apparently there is someone even more demented than he. The current discussion revolves around diving and Derby, and we all know that Chris Martin is occasionally gravitationally challenged, but can anyone honestly, hand on heart, justify this statement by their latest winner of the COTW* award:

Since when, under McClaren, did we suddenly become a one-dimensional set-piece reliant team?

We've scored one goal from a corner this season, none from a direct free kick, one from the penalty spot and have only been successful with 3 out of our last 9 penalties.

What did I post 5 pages back?

****** the lot of em.

I rest my case :lol:  :lol:

We're top of the league because our opposition are scared of us diving around the box. 

As a bunch of people that don't watch the games, surely they can only go by what the numbers tell them? Yet, in this case their opinions directly oppose what the numbers tell them. 

Given Forest's home attendances, I don't think that many of them watch the doggies either.

A Forest fan asked about denial would probably maintain that it's a big river, so I'm not sure that I totally agree.

To be fair to them you're always likely to get extreme views in an echo chamber.

If you were being completely honest, how many of us actually believe that Forest are a 2 man team and spend all day hoofing the ball up to Assombalonga and Antonio? Yet we repeat that as if it's undisputable.

The main problem with Forest is that their fans aren't really that smart when it comes to shitposting and deflection. It's quite funny that their accusations of us being dirty have shifted to accusations of us diving after they were presented with the fair play table.

I do feel sorry for the few who have woken up and smell the coffee regarding the club.... But they get shouted down by the majority who still think the sun shines out of Fawaz backside...

It really is sausage or bust this season.

I wouldn't want to see any club get in the sausage....

Going to take them years to recover if they don't go up....

Feel sorry for the few who get shouted down.

Oh my days, that is comedy gold, bless him.

It's almost like he is trying to reassure himself.

"Derby aren't better than us, can't be, i mean come on, they like foul and dive all the time, right guys? right? Hello?"

Archived