Man United in Turmoil

Chris Mills

Man United have had an absolutely shocking time so far. 1 win from 6 games (including MK Dons). I have to say, I didn't think they would struggle like this, this time round. 

Why Van Gaal didn't buy a CB I will never know, but looking at their attack vs their defence I find it unlikely they will be top 4 this season unless big changes are made in January.

Leaking 5 goals to Leicester is shambolic for a team meant to be challenging for the title.

Must say, I love it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Van Gaal was the saviour of football?

It was a fresh start of something special in August. Then it was a fresh start last week when he had his own players. Now what?

The media up his arse were right though. United do play just like Holland.

Van Gaal is massively overrated. He got lucky in his debut season at Bayern and was soon found out after. With the team he had there he really disappointed.

At the World Cup he was looked upon as some sort of genius. He got lucky again, Holland were outclassed by Mexico for the most part and then got lucky against Costa Rica in the quarter finals.

He's come to United thinking he can just play his system and everything will turn out to be rosy. Not going to happen.

Decent coach no doubt, but not in the bracket needed to take United to the next level. SAF was the best manager in the PL during his time, I look now and see Wenger, Mourinho and Pellegrini at least as better managers than Van Gaal.

Van Gaal is overrated it seems as Bris said.His personality has already shown to be that of one smug,over-confident individual.It is of course still quite early in the season though and so of course Man U can still push for winning the Prem or top 3.

However with Van Gaal at the helm,may not happen as quickly as fans want.Team wise I think Chelsea,Man City,and Liverpool are better.I think that Spurs when they hit their stride are better also.

P.S. Man U's back 4 are woeful right now.

I was talking/laughing at a few Manchester United supporting friends and in formed them that all three of our centre-backs could currently be in their starting XI. 

Tyler Blackett was part of the Blackpool team that capitulated last season, let's not forget. He was torn to shreds at the iPro as we won 5-1. 

They can have Falcao, Rooney, Di Maria... whoever - the fact remains Jake Buxton would walk into their side. 

Just watched the highlights of their defeat to Leciester.

The look good going forward. Di Maria's goal is pure class, I reckon it'll be one of the best come the end of the season. He seemed to run the show from midfield 1st half. Falcao also looked positive going forward. One good effort off the bar. Van Persie is arguably the best poacher/finisher in the world and Rooney on his day is a great striker. They also have Mata as an option for midfield or CF. 

The midfield has improved on last season also. Blind, Herrera and Di Maria all seem to be contributing good performances when on the ball.

Their defence though is woeful. Tyler Blackett couldn't get in Blackpool's team towards the end of last season yet he's 1st choice centre back... Rojo/Shaw/Rafael are all decent full backs but Evans, Blackett, Smalling and Jones are not good enough for any top half Premier League side.

All-in-all, I think Man Utd are 2 good CB's away from a top 4 finish.

Archived