Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Ovis aries

Reminiscent of the 4-1 away at Fester when we decided not to go with Eustace?

Mascarell is a defensive midfielder, or so we've been told, so I guess it's between him and Eustace. 

I like Eustace but I think he's more of a scrapper - we don't need to turn the game into a scrap, get the ball, keep it and create chances. Let the likes of Lansbury go around trying to kick us. 

I just can't see why Real Madrid, and La Liga clubs, would rate this lad so highly and yet he can't get in the team over John Eustace? Maybe he just needs a chance to prove himself

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mascarell is a defensive midfielder, or so we've been told, so I guess it's between him and Eustace. 

I like Eustace but I think he's more of a scrapper - we don't need to turn the game into a scrap, get the ball, keep it and create chances. Let the likes of Lansbury go around trying to kick us. 

I just can't see why Real Madrid, and La Liga clubs, would rate this lad so highly and yet he can't get in the team over John Eustace? Maybe he just needs a chance to prove himself

You may be right - surely he needs a run soon?

But McClaren is conservative in his team selections. And he will think about how he changed personnel for the 4-1 and it not working. Yes Thorne made his debut in the 5-0 last season, which probably supports your case, but it only happened because Eustace was suspended, while many of us had been calling for Thorne long before.

I'd be extremely surprised if both Mascarell and Ibe start, but I expect Physco would be too so maybe there's an opportunity to wrong-foot him? Basically, I've not settled on the team yet and I expect McClaren is leaving it later too.

If Ward's fit enough, he'll start. Too risky to have him on the bench, bring him on, and then have him break down.

Good man american, I'm just home after working night shift last night, can't make my mind up whether to stay up or go and get a couple of hours kip, think I'll go for the latter so I'm ok for the match.

Enjoy your night mate. "http://mindromp.org/forum/images/smilies/thumbs_up_smiley" alt="thumbs_up_smiley">

I will mate.I have the whole Bond collection on DVD so I am all set :)

Archived