Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Ovis aries

I'm really nervous for this game, I honestly believe that if we perform at our best then we can win.

But no-one can deny that Forest have got off to a Flyer, they will definately create some chances in this game (unlike last time), and although they have won games they might not have deserved to win, that is a sign of a good side.

I think Derby and Forest will both be up there at the end of this season and I am looking forward to the prospect of us both being in the Prem at the same time.

We could really do with the 3 points on Sunday , I know its early days but we don't want an 8 point gap to open up.

I for one hope that both teams put on a good show and we see some real quality, the rest of the league will be worried about both teams this season, hopefully this game will prove that they need to be!!!

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DERBY County will monitor Jamie Ward's fitness ahead of Sunday's clash against Nottingham Forest after a scan revealed he had suffered "slight" damage to a hamstring.

Ward picked up the injury while playing for Northern Ireland against Hungary.

The club say he will be assessed "day-by-day" but has not been ruled out of the Championship fixture at the City Ground.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-assess-Jamie-Ward-s-fitness-day-day/story-22904477-detail/story.html#ixzz3CvCgy9Vz

DERBY County will monitor Jamie Ward's fitness ahead of Sunday's clash against Nottingham Forest after a scan revealed he had suffered "slight" damage to a hamstring.Ward picked up the injury while playing for Northern Ireland against Hungary.The club say he will be assessed "day-by-day" but has not been ruled out of the Championship fixture at the City Ground.http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-assess-Jamie-Ward-s-fitness-day-day/story-22904477-detail/story.html#ixzz3CvCgy9Vz

Either way, he ain't starting.

Ibe and Russell it is. Unless Dawkins gets the nod.

Either way, he ain't starting.

Ibe and Russell it is. Unless Dawkins gets the nod.

McClaren is always conservative in his selections and unless he's been absolutely spectacular and many levels above in training, wouldn't start Ibe before a Russell/Dawkins pairing. Think we'll have to wait for him to come off the bench.

Pearce will be massively up for this, as a player, he lived for Derby matches, he was brought up not to lose them.

He played in 11 derbies during his playing days at Forest under Brian.

He won 7, drew 3 and lost only1.

The 3 draws were all 1-1's at the City Ground and in my humble opinion that's the result on Saturday.

1-1 and a real feisty affair with challenges going in all over the place. With both managers knowing how much this game means, it should be a belter.

Hendrick is a big miss and I hope Wardy is fit cos it'll be his kind of game. I fancy a Martin goal and a red card.

Good luck and safe trip to all going.

Pearce will be massively up for this, as a player, he lived for Derby matches, he was brought up not to lose them.

He played in 11 derbies during his playing days at Forest under Brian.

He won 7, drew 3 and lost only1.

The 3 draws were all 1-1's at the City Ground and in my humble opinion that's the result on Saturday.

1-1 and a real feisty affair with challenges going in all over the place. With both managers knowing how much this game means, it should be a belter.

Hendrick is a big miss and I hope Wardy is fit cos it'll be his kind of game. I fancy a Martin goal and a red card.

Good luck and safe trip to all going.

You could argue that, as a manager, you want to bring a sense of calm to your players and make sure they player their own game and not get wrapped up in the occasion.

I think Pearce is smart enough to not let the occasion get to him. 

Not really talking about the occasion getting the better of anyone. I'm really looking forward to watching a proper derby.

Just saying that I know how he gets himself up and how he was able to get those around him up for these games and if he translates that into his players, calmly or not calmly, then we're in for a belting game.

I think the Rams are the better footballing side at the moment but still can't see past a point.

Pearce might appear to be calm externally but behind the dressing room doors he'll be making it clear in no uncertain terms that his players must not lose. I think Steve as well will get them chomping at the bit.

It should be a cracker, Stevie Mac with his incredible coaching, tactical knowledge and his Derby history v's Pearce with his passion and his Forest history.

There'll be no quarter asked nor given by either side. I don't think it will be cautious, I think both sides will go for it.

63 hours , 7 minutes , 33 seconds ..

cant wait, managed to get my manager to change my day off, i was going to miss it!

my score prediciton

3-2 to derby, tight first half game, forest go in 1-0 up. we equalise early in the second half score the 2nd and the 3rd, then forest nick a cheap goal at the end. FGS(derby) Hendrick(if playing, how is his shoudler?)

going to wear my new shirt too with hendrick on the back :D(no bias on the fgs here) we cant lose, got my lucky coin too.

cant wait, managed to get my manager to change my day off, i was going to miss it!

my score prediciton

3-2 to derby, tight first half game, forest go in 1-0 up. we equalise early in the second half score the 2nd and the 3rd, then forest nick a cheap goal at the end. FGS(derby) Hendrick(if playing, how is his shoudler?)

going to wear my new shirt too with hendrick on the back :D(no bias on the fgs here) we cant lose, got my lucky coin too

post your prediction in here mate..

:)

You could argue that, as a manager, you want to bring a sense of calm to your players and make sure they player their own game and not get wrapped up in the occasion.

I think Pearce is smart enough to not let the occasion get to him. 

Pearce has already made a reputation for himself of trying to influence the 4th official and linesmen. He constantly rages at them  to try and gain an advantage. There is a chance that a strong ref (very doubtful) would frustrate him and cause his players to be penalised for their overly aggressive manner.

Derby don't do this. Simmo will be there but not gurning at the officials like a demented **** over every decision. Mac will be up in the stands until half time so the treetard gumps will have a free go at the ref from the start.

If Derby stay calm and the ref ignores outrageous penalty claims from Reid, then we should be fine and ease through to a 2-0 win.

Archived