Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Ovis aries

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a quick look on their forum, and apparently none of our players would get in their squad.  :(

I can't help but think this is similar to when 'best winger in the league' Jamie Paterson was ousted by Sheffield Wednesday's and Birmingham City's wide men. 

It's as if they live in a bubble. 

It's up to us to show them they're wrong, though. 

Just had a quick look on their forum, and apparently none of our players would get in their squad. :(

I can't help but think this is similar to when 'best winger in the league' Jamie Paterson was ousted by Sheffield Wednesday's and Birmingham City's wide men.

Obviously we're biased but I think the general feeling is that you are a side equal to more than the sum of its parts. As opposed to being good individually you work well as a team and have a system allowing different players to come in without affecting performances greatly. Is this an incorrect assessment?

Obviously we're biased but I think the general feeling is that you are a side equal to more than the sum of its parts. As opposed to being good individually you work well as a team and have a system allowing different players to come in without affecting performances greatly. Is this an incorrect assessment?

It seems like every year that Forest are always 'individually' the most talented, 'none of our players' would ever make it into your team but I think most people would choose the Derby side over the Forest one. I don't think Assombaloon would make it into our side, he's effectively Conor Sammon with good finishing, not the Martin type we need. But then I wouldn't want Martin in a 4-4-2, I'd rather have Assomblyline. The argument's dumb as your players are good for your system, just like ours are perfect for the 4-3-3 system.

But I'd disagree that Forest are better in every position. Thorne would turn your midfield from good to outstanding, definitely better than Vaughan in a QB role. Ward, Russell and Antonio are practically interchangeable. Darlow and Grant are both pretty excellent Championship keepers, Darlow should aim to do better than Grant has though. Contrastingly Lichaj's probably better than Christie now, but Christie's probably heading in a different direction to Lichaj. Reid is also better than Hughes right now, but Hughes will look to achieve more with his career than Reid has.

The only way to compare the teams is check the table at the end of the season.

I think there's an element of truth in what you say. Even within our own squad picking the best players doesn't always work.Each of the three playing zones (defence, midfield, attack) relies upon an understanding and players which complement each other. Also, we have players who might get 6/10 for their overall performance yet they are capable of one moment in each game which contributes to a goal.

Only ever been to Forest away twice (only 17) and they were both wins! 10 men and Brysons 1-0 winner, managed to get tickets today so hopefully the same!!! COME ON YOU RAMS

Just had a quick look on their forum, and apparently none of our players would get in their squad. :(

In fairness, they're right, none of our players are capable of playing hoofball like they do.

Archived