Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Ovis aries

Good posts forest fans. Clearly a different proposition at the early part of the season. Likewise we have been slow to get going. Just hoping it isn't Leicester revisited... How many of your current team are still there from the last match?

There will only be one player from that day who will start

Darlow

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will only be one player from that day who will start

Darlow

Put it this way, it would be like Derby playing us on Sunday without Buxton, Keogh, Forsyth, Christie, Bryson, Hendrick, Ward, Martin, Hughes and Thorne.

Still, nevermind. It's done and we'll probably never see injuries like that again so hopefully we can put a performance in on Sunday.

Forest have, over the years, acquired so many bang average players for half-decent fees. 

I don't think anyone can be too critical of Forest for overspending because they've never been the top spenders in the league at any point. Instead they've slowly accumulated a big squad for good money on good wages and had very little to show for it. 

Their situation last season was similar to ours under Jewell. A huge squad, full of injuries, and had nothing to show for it. 

I'd love to see the wage bill of the teams in this league at this current minute, as I think we've gone from being within the bottom six to towards the top 10. Norwich and Cardiff will obviously have the biggest wage bills in the league, then maybe Forest, but after them it's anybodies guess. 

We were clinical during our 5-0 win over Forest. On general play, they created zilch whereas we only created around six decent chances and scored five of them.

I can't even remember their goalkeeper making a decent save of note - I thought the scoreline was largely in part to them being utterly terrible, playing with no confidence and incredibly poor at the back rather than us being amazing.

We played much better than that in other matches that season - like Watford at home.

Sunday's game will be tough, and the result will probably be down to who creates the better chances and scores them on the day. Can't see one team dominating the other - in fact I can't see many teams dominating us all season.

I really don't get the whole thing about what a team costs. For instance forest fans were getting very flustered pre Britt and Antonio. Why? Cos we hadn't spent big money.

The mentality is strange, for instance we got chris Burke for nothing. MM for 500k. Lars for 500k. Hunt on loan. And we had people moaning. Is our team any less valuable cod the values were nothing or small? No of course not. Spending lots of money shouldn't be a pre requisite of success and shouldn't be used has a bar to measure one team against another (at our standard anyway)

We have spent no where near as much as last year whilst massively reducing our wage bill and thus having a far better team.

The same applies when we have some dcfc fans (like above) saying you team cost so much last year when we played you. Surely you should use the cost of what we sold them for. That's their true value. Cox 600k, Collins free, halford free, Henderson free, jara free, majeski free, Derbyshire free, etc

Bris,

Just to say I agree, we were clincal.

As well as being our local rivals, I think this is probably the first real quality test for each of us, yes Wednesday are improived, we drew a couple of winnable matches, the gumpanos clung on for dear life for a couple, we tonked Fulham for 5 the same as Reading got done for 4, but I honestly think it'll be 2 of the divisions quality teams playing on sunday.

Think Forest will come at us and we'll enjoy that as it'll leave some more space for us to counter, although our defence is worrying <still> I'd back a score draw for the result, with each set of us thinking they should have won it. 

Very much looking forward to this one. Forest have been tons better this season than I thought they would, but that has to stop sometime. With Ward probably not going to play or at least start, and Hendrick the same, we need our guys to come together and get a win against the Trees.  I start a new job Monday, so hopefully this weekend will be a good one leading into that :D .

Archived