Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Ovis aries

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a niggly game, so much room for improvement.

Hughes is by fast the best player on the pitch with the ball at his feet, but his continuous backwards passing is frustrating - it's allowing Forest to get all of their men behind the ball and then it's a simple long-ball game again.

I just don't understand what McClaren wants out of Dawkins. He's a Premier League player when it comes to instant control and neat interchange play, but he offers nothing going forward. Antonio in contrast is by in large a limited player but he's constantly attacking Shotton and making things happen. Dawkins offers absoluely nothing as an attacking threat.

Bryson has been poor. Basic ball control and basic passing has been missing from him, and his drive beyond the midfield has been non existant.

Russell average. Martin has nothing to work with.

The referee has been terrible, utterly terrible. He's giving them everything and that yellow card he gave to Eustace after so early in the game was all wrong. Eustace is now on a tight-rope for the whole game and it's a ridiculous situation.

Need to be braver - Forest really are nothing special.

HT 0-0 all i can say is poor from both teams

Grant - Decent, done what he needed to do
Shotton - Getting destroyed by Antonio, needs to come off
Keogh - Been ok, passing has been dodgy but hes made some vital stops
Buxton - Not really controlling Balonga, doing ok
Forsyth - Done well, nothing bad, got forward lots just lacking the cross
Eustace - Never a booking and has hindered his play, needs to come off
Hughes - Looked tidy, perhaps the best player for derby, needs more protection from the ref
Bryson - Just not the same player, not making those runs, not making an impact, if eustace wasnt booked i was swap bryson
Dawkins - Just terrible, reminds me of a poor lennon, no end product at all...

Russel - OK, nothing to shout about, free kick was close but nothing else
Martin - just cut off, needs to drop a little and start getting in the play, no point in the just standing up top

Pretty average, but on the balance of the game I'm pleased with a 0-0 at the break.

Would like to see Ibe come on, their full-backs are pushing forward and we need some more directness in the wings. Dawkins has been ok but he needs to run at the defence a lot more.

I think Shotton has been average, not *****, but he offers little going forward and Antonio is one of the better players on the pitch. Expect Christie to come on at some point.

We can definitely win this game though - Martin is the key, but hasn't been given the ball enough so far. 

Mac should switch dawks and Shotton at ht given the florist subs which have been forced. I think brys and the loose ball has been ok

Yeah I agree, Shotton is being somewhat outpaced.

Archived