Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

We could get somebody on loan.

You really think that's a sensible move? Sell our captain and a good defender, replacing him with a loan signing, just because they are offering more money than he's worth. If Clough was still in charge and he sanctioned that move, he would be getting torn apart for lacking ambition. Rightly so as well

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Burnley have offered 2.5mill we can only accept it if we have someone else lined up on a permanent deal.  We definitely shouldn't be replacing him with a temporary loan signing.

But, while 2.5 mill might seem tempting, I would rather we didn't sell him and he signs a new contract.

If its really 2.5 million for gods sake sell him.

He is NOT a commanding defender 2.5 is a good amount.

And lets be honest how many will be saying come wembley i hope keogh doesnt do it again,and if were thinking that what do you think he will be thinking,he would be a bag of nerves come final day and a liability.He is a good lad but he isnt a top defender sell him and fast.

If its really 2.5 million for gods sake sell him.

He is NOT a commanding defender 2.5 is a good amount.

And lets be honest how many will be saying come wembley i hope keogh doesnt do it again,and if were thinking that what do you think he will be thinking,he would be a bag of nerves come final day and a liability.He is a good lad but he isnt a top defender sell him and fast.

It's not as simple as that. If you want a 'top defender', who are we realistically going to sign today? 

we've all been saying we need a new CB coming in.

Selling Keogh, our captain, at this stage for whatever price would be daft.

We would then require two new CBs with about 7 hours to do it in.

And people saying Shotton will be able to do the job, well that's based on one league cup fixture. We want to win the league don't we? We need out and out centre backs. 

Wonder when she added this: ...and I told him i'd follow him anywhere he wants to go, because a life without him is a life I do not want to know

If that is referring to Burnley, she really is devoted to him.....it is a hole!

On the actual subject, not one name from the championship or below sticks out as a genuine improvement. Could we get anyone that gives as much as Keogh every match, is clearly a huge positive influence on the whole squad and suits the way we play?

I think we would need 3m plus to even get a like for like replacement. Even then, as most transfers are, it is a risk. I don't think this is worth it and would keep him even if the Nostradamusesq German CB beams down.

we've all been saying we need a new CB coming in.

Selling Keogh, our captain, at this stage for whatever price would be daft.

We would then require two new CBs with about 7 hours to do it in.

And people saying Shotton will be able to do the job, well that's based on one league cup fixture. We want to win the league don't we? We need out and out centre backs.

No we aren't!

( all saying we need another CB......we do all I hope want to win the league)

If they are offering silly money sell him. Have people forgotten our ambitions? What would Keogh offer us if we got promoted. We have 2 weeks until our next match. There is no rush to seek out a replacement and there is nothing wrong with bringing in someone on loan until the end of the season. Because what would be the point in signing an average champ' player on a 3-4 year contract if we are aiming for the PL?

Archived