Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which manager was it said "once I sign a player I begin the search for his replacement." Can't remember who it was, but a very practical attitude.

I am sure SM is very much streets ahead of this situation and should Keogh go there will be a contingency plan of that I have no doubt.

In short "in SM I trust"

Getting bored of hearing this quote.

Just because Arthur Cox said it doesn't mean it's absolutely true. Plus, I hardly think he was in touch with the game as we know it in the modern day. Different game altogether now.

Captain who does not want (just a guess) to sign new deal when the whole team already did.

Seeing as Martin only signed his 2 days ago, are you suggesting that he really, really, really, really wanted to go too?

Getting bored of hearing this quote.

Just because Arthur Cox said it doesn't mean it's absolutely true. Plus, I hardly think he was in touch with the game as we know it in the modern day. Different game altogether now.

I'll give you another famously repeated quote by Arthur Cox ... 

'Colin ... that is pure journalistic speculation'

Equally appropriate.

Martin still had two years (1+1) on his previous contract so i was not that bothered about the time he signs new deal.

It's a statement of intent though, isn't it?

We didn't need Hughes to sign a new one - but he did.

Of course it is. Did you not read the sentence before that? 

I barely read your post to be honest as I sensed it was complete ******. I read it again and here are my comments

"So called captain" - Ridiculous. He is our captain and he's a bloody good one

"

Oh do shut up. If Keogh is not sold I hope he signs a new contract and does well for the club. I don't wish for any of our players to perform badly or the club in general to. The Keogh and Martin situation are completely different but I never said a word about the Martin contract saga. Nice of you to just take a sentence and point completely out of context as you have done. 

Now now, behave yourself.

I haven't taken anything out of context

Well I don't. But we have to trust what the DET tells us, surely?

Contracts don't just come out of the blue - player and club would have discussed things for some time before the offer was presented. Perhaps Derby had gone as far along the road as they felt was justifiable, and basically what was presented was a 'final offer'?

Archived