Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His value to the club is much greater than anything Burnley are offering.

If we choose to sell, they better have a bloody good replacement lined up. I highly doubt we will sell though.

I guess we will all find out by the end of today, don't know about you but I will be glad when the transfer window slams shut and we can get back to football issues.

So what's your suggestion??

Keep him here on the books, what if we don't make it this year (I actually think we will, with or without Keogh) then lose out on a fee for him in July.

Magnificent piece of business & the prize for business person of the year goes too....... ;-b

Give him a new contract, win promotion. If we sell Keogh, without a proper replacement, that would be a disaster. You're putting 2.5 million over the chance of getting 120 million

Captain who does not want (just a guess) to sign new deal when the whole team already did.

Exactly, a guess. I'm sure you would have said the same about Martin on Saturday morning and look how that turned out. These things take time

If Keogh had said he wanted to leave (and I'm sure he would have told McClaren if that was the case), we would have sold him and bought a replacement ages ago.

You are all making the massive mistake of assuming that Keogh isn't happy here, and won't eventually sign a new deal...because for some reason all of a sudden he can't wait to get away after the season of his life.

He is CAPTAIN, the mainstay of our back four, and has resurrected his international career since he signed for us.

Have faith in the common sense of the manager and the integrity of the player for goodness sake...

He is going nowhere.

Sky Sports News, FIFA Soccer, Champ Manager ... they all have a lot of mindless hysterics among supporters to answer for...

Why is there so much bother about Keogh being captain? I'm sick of seeing him make a cock up and shouting at the other players around him. That's not a great way to motivate the players is it?

I'm also sick of hearing all the fans around me drawing breath through clenched teeth when Keogh has the ball.

I'm sick of his technique when passing and heading the ball. What is it with that weird twist with the arms out that he does?

... and why, as the captain, and mainstay of our defence, wouldn't he sign a new deal? He has got it made with us.

You're all kidding yourselves. 

Too much Sky Sports News for you lot.

How many weeks has he not signed the contract Daz? He clearly has an exaggerated value of his worth. Don't blame him for that, but if there is

Why is there so much bother about Keogh being captain? I'm sick of seeing him make a cock up and shouting at the other players around him. That's not a great way to motivate the players is it?

I'm also sick of hearing all the fans around me drawing breath through clenched teeth when Keogh has the ball.

I'm sick of his technique when passing and heading the ball. What is it with that weird twist with the arms out that he does?

Spot on. 

You are all making the massive mistake of assuming that Keogh isn't happy here, and won't eventually sign a new deal...because for some reason all of a sudden he can't wait to get away after the season of his life.

He is CAPTAIN, the mainstay of our back four, and has resurrected his international career since he signed for us.

Have faith in the common sense of the manager and the integrity of the player for goodness sake...

He is going nowhere.

Sky Sports News, FIFA Soccer, Champ Manager ... they all have a lot of mindless hysterics among supporters to answer for...

This is exactly what the romantic in me thinks...

Take it ya not keen on him then?

But how often does actually lose it? Very rarely. He is the ball playing centre half and he has to take risks to benefit our attacking plays. Unfortunately a small percent of the time this will go wrong, and he is the fall guy.

Sometimes I think people don't really appreciate just how good he is with the ball at his feet, because they get too wrapped up on the times when the risk doesn't pay off.

Tell me an instance where this happened? I've never seen it

The guys behind me hate Chris Martin, I suppose we better sell him as well

We had the second best defence in the league after McClaren came in, and Keogh was a big part of that. McClaren rates him as one of our best players. Yet you still think you know better

list his errors.

you don't like his technique...!?   wtf !

then we replace him. how do you expect us to win games without a solid back four? And have you considered that by keeping him, we're better placed for the promotion push, might actually get promoted and in doing so he decides to sign a new deal? 

What good is it accepting the money and having it sat there in our bank account whilst half the season passes us by???

Just think it's a big risk keeping him if he hasn't signed a new deal, the people running the club aren't idiots, must have some targets for replacements as they would for every player.

Archived