Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If McClaren decides to sell Keogh and replace him permanently tonight, I'm fine with that. I trust him As long as the decision was made for footballing reasons and not short term monetary gain. Very unlikely imo though

Why? Why do we have to rush into a permanent signing tonight? Why can't we get someone on loan until Jan? We don't play for another 2 weeks. 

Just think it's a big risk keeping him if he hasn't signed a new deal, the people running the club aren't idiots, must have some targets for replacements as they would for every player.

Fair enough - I personally think it's a far bigger risk to sell him, as it's far too close to the end of the transfer window to get one of these targets in. I'd rather lose him for bugger all than cash in on him now and struggle without him.

Fair enough - I personally think it's a far bigger risk to sell him, as it's far too close to the end of the transfer window to get one of these targets in. I'd rather lose him for bugger all than cash in on him now and struggle without him.

No. You and others seem to think we would need to panic buy someone. Why? 

We'll just have to see how it pans out

Why? Why do we have to rush into a permanent signing tonight? Why can't we get someone on loan until Jan? We don't play for another 2 weeks. 

I think that selling him and replacing him with a loan, at least in the short term, would be very unsettling. 

Which manager was it said "once I sign a player I begin the search for his replacement." Can't remember who it was, but a very practical attitude.

I am sure SM is very much streets ahead of this situation and should Keogh go there will be a contingency plan of that I have no doubt.

In short "in SM I trust"

Arthur Cox I think

I think that selling him and replacing him with a loan, at least in the short term, would be very unsettling. 

What is unsettling is our so called captain not having agreed terms already. Eustace and Buxton would make far better captains, while due to Thorne and now Hendrick's injury Eustace will be playing more games than we all could have imagined a few days ago or before the season began.

What is unsettling is our so called captain not having agreed terms already. Eustace and Buxton would make far better captains, while due to Thorne and now Hendrick's injury Eustace will be playing more games than we all could have imagined a few days ago or before the season began.

Archived