Tony Pulis' Hat II

Duracell

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

First names on the backs of shirts.

We don't have "John", or "Alan", so why should Johnny Foreigner think he can get away with "Alexis" or "Sergio"?

To be fair, I know with Memphis Depay and (I think) Dele Alli that it's to do with them not wanting to display their fathers name because he's left home or whatever.

And surely Johnny Foriegner would have 'Johnny' on the back of his shirt?

51 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

To be fair, I know with Memphis Depay and (I think) Dele Alli that it's to do with them not wanting to display their fathers name because he's left home or whatever.

And surely Johnny Foriegner would have 'Johnny' on the back of his shirt?

Surely changing your name by deed poll would be more appropriate if that is how you felt about your surname? 

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

First names on the backs of shirts.

We don't have "John", or "Alan", so why should Johnny Foreigner think he can get away with "Alexis" or "Sergio"?

Chicharito was even worse because it meant every match the commentators would show us how clever they were by telling us what it meant.

16 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Surely changing your name by deed poll would be more appropriate if that is how you felt about your surname? 

I never understood why Tyrone Mears used to have 'Tye'. It was supposedly out of superstition because he kept suffering injuries - but he stopped doing it from Wembley onwards? And why would he attribute his injuries to what's on the back of his shirt anyway?!?

43 minutes ago, cannable said:

I never understood why Tyrone Mears used to have 'Tye'. It was supposedly out of superstition because he kept suffering injuries - but he stopped doing it from Wembley onwards? And why would he attribute his injuries to what's on the back of his shirt anyway?!?

Yet I think I remember Lua Lua at Pompey not being allowed to have his ill/deceased sons name on his back. 

16 hours ago, cannable said:

He wasn't allowed to by Premier League rules. The championship were more relaxed. 

• 1 month later...

'May as well close this thread now'

We literally still have threads open about Ferrie Bodde and Gary Teale's form picking up, but you're expecting a forum made for discussion to close a thread on a player because the Mirror reckon they've agreed terms with Villa? Chill out, you over-dramatic tit.

Pundits (again) on the return of Hernandez

"That's what Hull need, a genuine goal threat"

I think it's great that they help us understand this game. 

When was the last pundit to explain different ways teams create angles or how you get 11 blokes to get in positions where the ball can't be threaded between them? I tend to play on my phone during these state the obvious pundit sessions or when they're explaining how a CB would have won the ball if he was stood somewhere else.

I appreciate it's not Hannibal winning the battle of Cannae but it would actually be an insight.

"I'm sure xxx will be pleased to get that win"

"They'll take confidence from that."

"It's a great first touch"

"He shouldn't be diving in there"

ffs, some of us have been watching football for 20,30,40,60,80 years. We know what a good pass looks like. We know goals win you games. Why are you getting paid to tell us what we know. 

Tell us stuff we don't know. Help us appreciate the brains involved. I can see for myself that he just ran past that guy using his pace. Or that he shouldn't have kicked it there. 

Last time I saw it was Thierry Henry in the World cup. He broke down the Italian team. What this player does when that player does this. You know, actually showed how much organisation goes into football at this level. Then you have some numpty next to him saying some team "wanted it more"

Unless you're going to bring out a wantsitmostometer then stfu

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

When was the last pundit to explain different ways teams create angles or how you get 11 blokes to get in positions where the ball can't be threaded between them?

Apart from Terry Henry it were probably Andy Grey on Sky. Burree said summat somebody dint like, so we have t' purrup wi' bland and pointless blatherin'.

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

Tell us stuff we don't know. Help us appreciate the brains involved. I can see for myself that he just ran past that guy using his pace. Or that he shouldn't have kicked it there. 

The average IQ of footballers has been proved to be well below the national average. In front of the camera they become charisma-less and frightened of talking in anything but soundbites. Make them pundits so we can listen to their boring and mindless pre and post-match commentary. Shearer even talks through stiff lips. x30 past all of it now, especially Channel 5 and MOTD.  I find I see much more when the match commentary is off too.  

Archived