Tony Pulis' Hat II

Duracell

4 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Ultimately this is my top peeve with England.

The culture of picking players from fashionable clubs is mind-boggling.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were using FIFA stats to pick certain players. 

I wouldn't mind that if it wasn't for the fact that Lingard's only a 77 on FIFA with average potential. Genuinely think Nathan Redmond and Michail Antonio have done a lot more than him this term.

He's like the ugly irritating friend in that group of fit girls, the fit girls in this case being Rashford and Pogba. You've got to put up with the irritating one to stand a chance with the fit ones, it's just the way of the world.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Jesse Lingard is an absolute fraud.

How on earth is he in the England squad? It's ridiculous, he's average and not even that young. He turns 24 in a few weeks, he's halfway through his career! Hardly developing a young talent by having him in the squad.

The only reason he looked any good last year is because he was playing in a turgid United side who weren't creating anything, he came on and dribbled a bit. Don't blame United fans for jumping on the bandwagon, Theo Robinson would have been exciting at that point.

What's even more ridiculous is that the only reason he's getting anywhere near the pitch for United this year is because Mourinho has this bizarre problem with Mkhitaryan and is freezing him out. By all rights he should be on loan to West Brom.

He's the next Tom Cleverley, gets in the England squad because he's at a big club but as soon as he inevitably drops down to his level, never heard from again until Watford pick him up in a free.

Reason this winds me up is because at the tender age of 19, I'm already fed up of parasitic player like him wasting a space in the England squad. He'll be on the plane to Russia in 2018 over someone who's performed well that season like Wilfried Zaha or Michail Antonio because the England set-up have "invested time in developing him" just like with ******* Wilshere. Spending 10 days with a player once every few months isn't investing time in developing him, particularly when you're just trying to figure a way to squeeze him into a system that's built around Wayne 'I haven't known what position I play since 2004' Rooney.

The blokes irritating as **** anyway, the whole dabbing thing with Pogba is just ******* embarrassing, pretty sure the marketing team must have a say on him starting at this point. 'Better start Jesse so him and Paul can do their shitey ******* celebration together and we can make a nice vine out of it! It'll get on Twitter Moments!'

Stick your head in an oven and try dabbing then, you ******* *****.

Translation:

I'm not happy

15 minutes ago, eddie said:

Translation:

I'm not happy

Too right, my best friend and house mate is a United "fan" (never been to a game) and I've had the Lingard argument with him countless times now.

I need someone else to verify that I'm not going mad for not rating Lingard or his inclusion in the England squad.

just a picture on twitter of Bryan Robson shaking hands with Graeme Sounness pre-kick-off in an England v Scotland game in the 80s.

I long so much for a few players in their mould.

Who decided that footballers needed to be twinkle-toed dandies to be a success nowadays? It sickens me to the stomach.

I'd love to change the rules of football. I'd make the balls harder/heavier again, enforce proper leather boots and shinpads, and then encourage tackling. In fact, I'd somehow wangle it for tackles to equal goals or something! :lol:

fancy dans like Lingard would last ten minutes in the 80s. 9 of that would be the warm up.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

just a picture on twitter of Bryan Robson shaking hands with Graeme Sounness pre-kick-off in an England v Scotland game in the 80s.

Who decided that footballers needed to be twinkle-toed dandies to be a success nowadays? It sickens me to the stomach.

I'd love to change the rules of football. I'd make the balls harder/heavier again, enforce proper leather boots and shinpads, and then encourage tackling. In fact, I'd somehow wangle it for tackles to equal goals or something! :lol:

fancy dans like Lingard would last ten minutes in the 80s. 9 of that would be the warm up.

Funnily enough, people who say things like this are a huge pet hate of mine.

Sorry Mostyn, you're a good bloke but I like my football in the 21st century :lol:

Just now, Tombo said:

Funnily enough, people who say things like this are a huge pet hate of mine.

Sorry Mostyn, you're a good bloke but I like my football in the 21st century :lol:

I meant most of it, the rest was me just being extreme and silly. BUT, I'd love a Bryan Robson around now, there's not anyone close.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Too right, my best friend and house mate is a United "fan" (never been to a game) and I've had the Lingard argument with him countless times now.

I need someone else to verify that I'm not going mad for not rating Lingard or his inclusion in the England squad.

Yep I'll second that. The only reason he's in the England squad is because he plays for manure. He isn't that good.

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think George Thorne would disagree.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why stop at the 1980s?

Get back to the late 60s early 70s. Ron Harris ,  Tommy smith et al .  watch skilled players like frank Worthington and Stan bowles avoiding agricultural lunges in a foot of mud.

One common thread tho. England were crap throughout . 

29 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Why stop at the 1980s?

Get back to the late 60s early 70s. Ron Harris ,  Tommy smith et al .  watch skilled players like frank Worthington and Stan bowles avoiding agricultural lunges in a foot of mud.

One common thread tho. England were crap throughout . 

before my time duck! :lol: 

On 11/14/2016 at 02:50, Leicester Ram said:

Jesse Lingard is an absolute fraud.

How on earth is he in the England squad? It's ridiculous, he's average and not even that young. He turns 24 in a few weeks, he's halfway through his career! Hardly developing a young talent by having him in the squad.

The only reason he looked any good last year is because he was playing in a turgid United side who weren't creating anything, he came on and dribbled a bit. Don't blame United fans for jumping on the bandwagon, Theo Robinson would have been exciting at that point.

What's even more ridiculous is that the only reason he's getting anywhere near the pitch for United this year is because Mourinho has this bizarre problem with Mkhitaryan and is freezing him out. By all rights he should be on loan to West Brom.

He's the next Tom Cleverley, gets in the England squad because he's at a big club but as soon as he inevitably drops down to his level, never heard from again until Watford pick him up in a free.

Reason this winds me up is because at the tender age of 19, I'm already fed up of parasitic player like him wasting a space in the England squad. He'll be on the plane to Russia in 2018 over someone who's performed well that season like Wilfried Zaha or Michail Antonio because the England set-up have "invested time in developing him" just like with ******* Wilshere. Spending 10 days with a player once every few months isn't investing time in developing him, particularly when you're just trying to figure a way to squeeze him into a system that's built around Wayne 'I haven't known what position I play since 2004' Rooney.

The blokes irritating as **** anyway, the whole dabbing thing with Pogba is just ******* embarrassing, pretty sure the marketing team must have a say on him starting at this point. 'Better start Jesse so him and Paul can do their shitey ******* celebration together and we can make a nice vine out of it! It'll get on Twitter Moments!'

Stick your head in an oven and try dabbing then, you ******* *****.

Lol he is starting against Spain, watch him go and score the winner now

I detest the way players go into the penalty box looking for any sort of contact, especially when they leave their leg dangling or actually kick the defender and fall over.

Actually, its the same with defenders who when under a bit of pressure look for the slightest of contact and collapse in a heap looking for the free kick. Keough has perfected this "art".

Archived