Tony Pulis' Hat II

Duracell

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"These racists are not fans of football" - Chris Ramsey after the Chelsea metro incident.

So he's saying these people who have travelled across the Channel to watch their team aren't football supporters. Well then what are they? They weren't Chelsea Pensioners out in Paris looking for cheese and baguettes and sightseeing at the Eiffel Tower.

It's moronic behaviour but they are football fans - you can be a racist and be a football fan.

In fact they must be seeing as Chelsea have banned three of them from Stamford Bridge.

That's just an example of the lazy language as far as I can tell

Between 'not' and 'fans' add the words 'indicative of the mentality of the vast majority of' and 'it's almost fine, and that's pobably what they mean -  but thinking of and saying that would take them beyond their allotted 10 seconds of talking time , so they condense it because that's what they've been taught to d so by twitter, and subsequently come across as sound-bite idiots.

Kilbane has sent a letter of complaint to the FA over West Ham fans singing: 'Harry Kane talks like a **** and plays like one too' 

I'm not joking. He said it needs to stop so he can take his kids to football matches. I don't think I have ever seen anything quite as ridiculous. 

I think Kilbane deserves a lifetime ban for even thinking it's worth discussing. 

Kilbane has sent a letter of complaint to the FA over West Ham fans singing: 'Harry Kane talks like a **** and plays like one too' 

I'm not joking. He said it needs to stop so he can take his kids to football matches. I don't think I have ever seen anything quite as ridiculous. 

I think Kilbane deserves a lifetime ban for even thinking it's worth discussing. 

• 4 weeks later...

That Barclays advert with Alan Shearer and his Cheshire cat grin rattling on about the pies, the best fans in the world, the first time he saw the Gallowgate...

All to tell us how wonderful the sponsors are and how, despite contributing to the greed is good culture of our top league and our country in general, they're in it for the people.

Wonder how much he got paid for that?

This stupid perception that the Premier League is the best in the world.

They say the Champions League and Europa League have proven that it's not, but then the same old quotes have been thrown out: 'The Premier League is the most competitive in the world, Barca and Real just have easy wins every week.

Why do these cretins make such comments without any substance whatsoever...

Barcelona have lost 4 league games this season - including two at home against Celta and Malaga - you know the teams that just turn up and lose 8-0 according to these 'knowledgable fans',

Real Madrid have lost five. Chelsea in contrast have lost 2.

Barcelona are one point ahead of second, eight ahead of third. Chelsea are six clear of second, seven clear of third with a game in hand - So which league is more competitive?

The top five in the PL - who predicted that at the beginning of the season. Erm, like 99.9%. 

Over the past 10 seasons, the CL entrees for the PL have been: Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool, City, Spurs - six teams.

Over the past 10 seasons, the CL entrees for La Liga have been: Barca, Madrid, Atletico, Valencia, Malaga, Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao, Sevilla, Villarreal, Osasuna, Real Betis - 11 teams

Now ask yourself which league is 'more competitive' ??? 

That Barclays advert with Alan Shearer and his Cheshire cat grin rattling on about the pies, the best fans in the world, the first time he saw the Gallowgate...

All to tell us how wonderful the sponsors are and how, despite contributing to the greed is good culture of our top league and our country in general, they're in it for the people.

Wonder how much he got paid for that?

This stupid perception that the Premier League is the best in the world.

They say the Champions League and Europa League have proven that it's not, but then the same old quotes have been thrown out: 'The Premier League is the most competitive in the world, Barca and Real just have easy wins every week.

Why do these cretins make such comments without any substance whatsoever...

Barcelona have lost 4 league games this season - including two at home against Celta and Malaga - you know the teams that just turn up and lose 8-0 according to these 'knowledgable fans',

Real Madrid have lost five. Chelsea in contrast have lost 2.

Barcelona are one point ahead of second, eight ahead of third. Chelsea are six clear of second, seven clear of third with a game in hand - So which league is more competitive?

The top five in the PL - who predicted that at the beginning of the season. Erm, like 99.9%. 

Over the past 10 seasons, the CL entrees for the PL have been: Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool, City, Spurs - six teams.

Over the past 10 seasons, the CL entrees for La Liga have been: Barca, Madrid, Atletico, Valencia, Malaga, Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao, Sevilla, Villarreal, Osasuna, Real Betis - 11 teams

Now ask yourself which league is 'more competitive' ??? 

• 2 weeks later...

Reading.

It's quite difficult to pinpoint exactly why, but they somehow have a collective unwarranted self smugness about them.  They're ineffably plastic.

I don't know if it's their ground being rediculously soulless and poorly located or their supporters chants of "106, we've got the record, 106" in response to questions over their historical status. Either way, Waitrose have no place sponsoring a football club.

Maybe it's down to the way I get the sense that they are portrayed in a bit of a Southern media darlings way.

They've always had a knack of employing seemingly horrible people in their ranks as well - I'm sure these people are fine really, but the way they come across on the pitch really gets my goat. Stephen "rhyming slang" Hunt, Kevin Doyle, Adam Le Fondre, Jamie Mackie, Chris Gunter... On top of this, their current manager Steve Clarke must be the dourmost of dour Scots ever. This man has never smiled or cracked a joke. Ever.

Dislike is often irrational and this is no different - hope we smash them 5-0 on the last day.

Michael Owen saying that Sterling's better than Ozil is utter ********, and sums up Liverpool so well. Sterling's clearly promising but Ozil is a World Cup, La Liga and Champions League winner, for f*cks sake, he's even won the FA Cup and is about to win it again.

Their treatment of Ibe is sickening, he literally had a sort of decent game against Everton and hit the post; next day he's being made out to be a future world beater. What's he done since?

• 11 months later...

Had to resurrect this thread again, because I made the mistake of reading the BBC Gossip column. Forgot how much it winds me up.

Why is it that whenever a big club is linked with a player from Porto, Benfica or Sporting, they ALWAYS have to mention a ridiculous release clause? Does the Daily Mail really have access to the small print on the contracts of every player in Portugal under the age of 21?

And they always get linked after doing nothing as well.

"Manchester United are keeping taps on Porto striker Lucas Incrediblo, 18, who has played 7 minutes for the Portugese club. United could activate his 800 gazillion euro release clause."

I remember Lucas Paizon was apparently going to be sold for £80 million at one point as well. He went for around £5m.

Archived