Tony Pulis' Hat II

Duracell

As far as I can tell, athletes are by far the worst with this "selfie" crap. Again though, it's not so much the "selfie", but the media's willingness to report them as though they are in any way relevant or interesting.

"Random discuss chucker you've never heard of invades someone's privacy in unsolicited 'selfie', see picture below. Why not tweet us at #obliviouslyironicbbc and tell us what you think."

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian Wright.

As a pundit ... a blithering idiot. Especially with his tendancy to refer to Hoddle as 'gaffer' on a live television broadcast.

Back to selfies and social media ... I notice on Sky Sports News (I have such a love-hate thing with that channel) ... they have the 'Social Media Touch Screen' where they get the eye-candy like Kirsty or Millie to read out people's tweets ...

It never works because Sky's graphics team are never in time sync with what the girls are doing on the floor ... working in a top media agency as i do ... I find that utterly gut wrenching. Get your ******* acts together.

I think in the first version of this thread I directed some anger at the stupid love heart celebration because it's the sort of ****** that would only impress my daughter for about 30 seconds.

Now every muppet is kissing their wrist (any idea?) or pointing fingers at the sky. Pre planned celebrations are w@nk.

"Oh what a cool dance" said nobody after an African player scored

Maybe it was the last thing they had any meaningful physical relationship with ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Fans who call fans of rival clubs "scum".

Obviously I want us to humiliate Forest on Sarurday, sending us to the top of the league whilst they plummet towards a relegation battle. I also look forward to giving the Forest supporters at work a bit of stick, but they are not "scum", they're just people from 14 miles further East.

Oh I do hope we win "the bragging rights" this weekend. "Form goes out the window in local derbies". I'm just glad we have Ibe and Russell. "If there's one thing defenders hate it's pace"

Russell has bags of pace. Not acres of it. That's space. And certainly not jars or bottles of it. It's bags he has.

He's even got pace to burn. You could probably set fire to his running speed.

"Derby County, of course, had that bitter disappointment at Wembley"

WHAT REALLY THIS GAME AGAINST ROTHERHAM ISN'T IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE? WHAT WE LOST? BUT THEY WENT DOWN TO TEN MEN I WAS SURE WE'D WON IT? OH NO WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION THIS TO ME AND OTHER VIEWERS IN THE PREVIOUS DERBY GAMES YOU'VE COVERED SINCE OUR LOSS AT WEMBLEY? OH, YOU MENTION IT EVERY SINGLE TIME WE PLAY, FANTASTIC.

Oh I do hope we win "the bragging rights" this weekend. "Form goes out the window in local derbies". I'm just glad we have Ibe and Russell. "If there's one thing defenders hate it's pace"

Russell has bags of pace. Not acres of it. That's space. And certainly not jars or bottles of it. It's bags he has.

He's even got pace to burn. You could probably set fire to his running speed.

Like that - very true.

Rubbish metaphors are not just in football. Cricket commentators are forever wittering on about how a bowler has lost/gained a "yard" of pace.

Another Townsend-ism is "finding little pockets of space" - ffs. Are those the ones in the back of Buckos shorts where he keeps the oppo strikers?

I'm really quite p1ssed off/depressed about Cit-eh signing Bony.  It's not like they're short of decent strikers bar injury so it smacks of them buying him just so others can't ala' Rodwell & Sinclair.  When everyone is fit he'll be lucky to start 1 in 5!!!

Just reminds me of the reality that if we go up and make a decent account of ourselves we'll get cherry picked by the big clubs

The Van Gaal hype is doing my head in. Pundits talk like he's a mate now.

Oh, Van Gaal? Gaaly? Yeah, yeah he's a great manager. He insists on all his players sleeping on a water mattress at night. Yeah, known him years. Saw him when he was at Ajax and they were like scoring bicycle kicks from the halfway line twice a week. He once killed a horse with one punch. Gaaly will get United playing awesome football like Holland did in the WC. Probably even break into the top 4 this season, he's THAT good.

Build a temple ffs

Can't stand anyone even suspected of hurting a horse.

He deserves to be Gaaly the Gelding.

And why were Holland playing in the lav?

May all his mattresses spring a leak.

BTW who is he exactly?

Archived