Carlisle United v Derby County

Day

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good overall win. Grant was a beast in net again, and I am glad to see Martin score. You could tell as climbon said that he was beyond relieved.  Christie was best player on the pitch a lot of the time, and Bryson played way better than he did in the first half. Best was solid after coming in as well.  As some have said I prefer Hughes to push it a little bit more, but he is a good tackler and that is of course prudent for how deep he plays at times.  Overall, should have been more than 2-0 of we finished our chances, but it is always good to advance :D . Our give the team a 4/5 in this one.

P.S.  Kyle Dempsey for Carlisle has a bright future imo. He had a very solid performance.

Pros: cristie and Hughes were class. Fozzy looked good. Grant there when needed. Martin scoring. Hendrick scoring again. Witbread confident

Cons: Both our wingers...full backs are doing their jobs for them

Wingers overlap in our system. It's how we play. Full backs did their own job, and nothing more.

Agreed Ward wasn't great, Dawkins much better second half.

Christie MOTM for me but well impressed with Forsyth again, Hughes looked good in that defensive midfield position and thought in general the team looked that bit sharper. Dawkins much improved in second half but Ward was not at the races for me.

Special word for their goalie - played very well.

Through to the second round, no injuries, Martin off the mark and the Rams march on with 100% record (how often have we been able to say that after two games).

Happy

Archived