Carlisle United v Derby County

Day

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from watching a good performance and a good game - it's easy to forget sometimes that football clubs like Carlisle are important to their local communities. Yes the stadium has seen better days but all their staff were welcoming and they clearly remember Keogh with great affection - a lot of their fans stayed on especially to clap him off at the end when it would have been easy for them to have gone home. Well done them and I hope they have a good season.

Allowing for the fact that they are a league 2 side, we should have scored more and have won by half time given the chances we had but I would imagine that SM would be dead pleased with 90 minutes playing time for many, good individual performances, no obvious injuries (apart from Roos getting clattered by Best in the half time kick about), an excellent goal from Chris Martin and the character shown in easily winning a match on a wet and windy night in Carlisle

That needs qualifying. Not counting Zamora, or including friendlies?

5th actually i was wrong

Sarajevo

Burton

Rangers

Rotherham

Carlisle

Sheff Wednesday will be the 6th

I can't believe some were doubting the class between the two sides.

I was impressed that we just looked so comfortable throughout and it really was a matter of time before we scored. Compare that to the days where we lost away at Crewe or Crawley and generally played like a League Two side and it's no comparison.

I enjoyed watching us - we were decent and the players looked like they enjoyed themselves.

Anyone reckon Hendrick could get 15 goals this season? I think he will outdo Bryson and finish the club's top goalscoring midfielder come next May.

Daft question of the day are there any streams for the iPad, I already know the answer :( or is it online on the radio anywhere ??

Here's a tip for fellow ipad users. Download icabmobile browser app and sign up for a bet365 account. Bet365 streams quite a few games including the one today. The beauty of the icabmobile browser is that it has a proper zoom feature so you can zoom in and watch a really decent stream in more or less full screen. Hope this helps for future games.

Listening to Martin's interview he very much acknowledges he wasn't good.

I think that was just about as poor as he's been for us? It's been a long time since he's been poor though hasn't it?

Against Rotherham he was crowded out more than anything. It was very much like a Sammon performance last night.

Listening to Martin's interview he very much acknowledges he wasn't good.

I think that was just about as poor as he's been for us? It's been a long time since he's been poor though hasn't it?

Against Rotherham he was crowded out more than anything. It was very much like a Sammon performance last night.

I reckon he needed a change of boots. He slipped over at least three times in the midst of some excellent opportunities.

Geezer in my local nearly made choke on my pint. A few minutes after we take the lead, Hendrick incurs his displeasure for something, and he came out with possibly the most inane comment I've ever heard about football - "I'd sack that lad, he's bloody useless". Made me chuckle, then wonder if Hitler had appoint about eugenics.

And Churchill

I can't believe some were doubting the class between the two sides.

I was impressed that we just looked so comfortable throughout and it really was a matter of time before we scored. Compare that to the days where we lost away at Crewe or Crawley and generally played like a League Two side and it's no comparison.

I enjoyed watching us - we were decent and the players looked like they enjoyed themselves.

Anyone reckon Hendrick could get 15 goals this season? I think he will outdo Bryson and finish the club's top goalscoring midfielder come next May.

Absolutely bang on the money there Bris

Archived