Carlisle United v Derby County

Day

eddie he is normally a slow starter to the season to   be fair but to say hes not got the instinct for a run IS nonsense ,he never stopped all night ,  I thought the whole team last night were impressive and on another night would have scored 5 or 6 , I think that will happen away from home but home games concern me unless we get an early goal as most teams will just sit in and try and nick a goal but one things for sure the team that finishes above derby this season will need to be good as this team has the potential to go all the way   

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfair to say Roberts was crap , he was the start of the transitional process ,

did a good job for us imo..

Really unfair to dis Roberts.

he had a great season and a half.

I call it a half.. because the season before his last he needed a long string of games to get into his stride.

Not unlike other players including Forsyth in that regard.

Roberts in his last season at derby was best left back we had since Dorigo and Chrissy Powell, although thats not saying much about the likes of Mceverley, jackson, mo camera etc etc

Really unfair to dis Roberts.

he had a great season and a half.

I call it a half.. because the season before his last he needed a long string of games to get into his stride.

Not unlike other players including Forsyth in that regard.

Roberts in his last season at derby was best left back we had since Dorigo and Chrissy Powell, although thats not saying much about the likes of Mceverley, jackson, mo camera etc etc

When he played, Roberts was the best defender we had. He had to cover the positional weaknesses of our centre halves. People didn't like him because he was weak going forward but we were weak under pressure at that time and so his first priority was defence. He did his job well.

eddie he is normally a slow starter to the season to be fair but to say hes not got the instinct for a run IS nonsense ,he never stopped all night , I thought the whole team last night were impressive and on another night would have scored 5 or 6 , I think that will happen away from home but home games concern me unless we get an early goal as most teams will just sit in and try and nick a goal but one things for sure the team that finishes above derby this season will need to be good as this team has the potential to go all the way

Pretty much agree with all that.... Think it will take five or six games for him to get going at full pelt

Archived