Carlisle United v Derby County

Day

Is Granty our best keeper since Poom? Crazy to think how much he's improved under Steele, he's almost a different keeper!

Hughes just dictated the play last night. He was on another level. I don't know what the actually stats were, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a 100% pass completion.

Yes he is IMO

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was he posting in the DCFCFans match chatroom at the same time? There were some classic foot-in-mouth disease sufferers on there last night. 

Dawkins needs a good run in the team, with that, i think he will only get better.

I like him and second half yesterday he showed how good he is on the ball.

I'd like to see him and Russell as our 2 main wide players as they are both capable of switching sides easily. I'd use ward as an impact player this season, to come on and freshen things up if need be.

Is Granty our best keeper since Poom? Crazy to think how much he's improved under Steele, he's almost a different keeper!

Hughes just dictated the play last night. He was on another level. I don't know what the actually stats were, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a 100% pass completion.

I think another season under Steele and he will be our best keeper since Shilton. He looks a different player from when Clough signed him.

Confidence growing by the week.

Best keeper since Grant.

Never rated Roberts much, Clough seemed to try and convince everyone he was good in the Telegraph. Very average for me at best.

Yeah he was average, but (barring a slightly dodgy spell when he first arrived) he was consistently average every week.  We've had far to many fullbacks who were amazing one week and disastrous the next.

I liked that we played a full strength side last night, keeps our momentum going and gives the players an extra chance to increase their sharpness and match fitness, and with a couple of goals on the night, another clean sheet and no injuries it could not have gone much better. Thought Grant, Forsyth, Christie and Hughes all had very good games, not sure where the Dawkins criticism comes from, he was very good in the second half, and even in the first he had some great link up play with the full backs, with a run of games under his belt he is capable of being unplayable at this level.

Is anyone confident that when Dawkins is going to shoot, he is going to score.

I am certainly not. Seems to shoot with his eyes closed.

He's picked up loads this season, in fairness.

He had a cracking shot yesterday that seemed to move in the air and against Rotherham he nearly opened the scoring early doors but missed by less than a foot. 

Last season, yes. But he looks much improved in that respect.

Actually thought he (Dawkins) was brilliant when he first came on loan but the injury and niggles afterwards set him back.

Don't think he will be a great goalscorer but not many wide players are to be fair so don't think its necessarily crucial as he does link the play together well and helps us play some great football imo including some good assists (not necessarily crosses from the by-line but one-twos etc).

Don't personally see that Russell or Ward have been playing any better (Russell I think will score more but also tends to have off days inbetween). All of them can be good and frustrating in equal measures I'd say which is probably about the par for most wide players in the championship.

Ward, Russell and Dawkins are all frustrating but that's the nature of the level they're playing at.

If they were consistent they would be playing at a higher standard.

Only needs one of them to do something special to win us a game, which they're all capable of. 

Looking back, say someone like BIsgaard who was a respected wide player for us, scored 10 in 100 games so hardly prolific.

Would say the current wide men are an improvement on the era of Teale and Fagan for instance (ok Teale did have a good spell when he switched wings but just talking overall).

Not saying if we went up we might not need reinforcements out wide or perhaps even this season Steve is looking at loan options who knows.

As long as we can do the same as last season with a better end result that will do for me and hopefully we can do our bit by giving the lads on the pitch our full support every game.

Walk in the park last night. Sat back with my slippers on with my hamlet in hand.

I've often wondered - how many people have a pet name for their penis?

Kryten called his 'Archie'.

I'm still a bit worried about Bryson. His form tailed off last year and he doesn't seem to have the zip or the instinct for a run. He doesn't look like scoring and I've noticed him jogging back when we defend. This is not a two game observation but one I've had for a while.

Maybe the transfer talk interrupted his pre-season. I'm a big fan of his and hope he gets his mojo back soon. I suspect Mascarell will be given some intensive training before he starts a game.

Agree with all you say about Hughes. It does seem a waste though to have him back there. Makes Thorne's injury all the more galling.

Never read as much nonsense in all my life , Bryson was terrific second half last night and with the right balls played into him would have notched a couple of goals but taking that side of it away his work rate and contribution was first class, also his corners were there to be attacked all evening but for whatever reason no one attacked them , he normally starts the season slow but if that's him slow he's going to have some season , again !

Never read as much nonsense in all my life , Bryson was terrific second half last night and with the right balls played into him would have notched a couple of goals but taking that side of it away his work rate and contribution was first class, also his corners were there to be attacked all evening but for whatever reason no one attacked them , he normally starts the season slow but if that's him slow he's going to have some season , again !

It's a team game. Bryson did ok (I don't totally agree with Anag's statement, but it was hardly the most nonsensical thing anyone has written), the team did ok. Nothing special - did his job, and so did everyone else.

Now you know how we feel reading your posts. 

Archived