Derby in talks with Blackburn over loan deal for Leon Best - Owen Bradley

-JW-

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finding a foreign striker to play in the Championship with no experience is very, very difficult. I'd like you to point at the success stories.

The dude at Florist. He's going to be awesome and brilliant and stuff. I know this for a fact - sorry, FACT - the gumps told me.

So why have overseas scouting at all? I'm talking back up and given plenty of time to adjust

Does the name 'Ivan Calero' mean anything to you?

Changed my mind. Hattrick v Rotherham won't help.

Arrogant, overpaid, injury prone tosspot.

I liked the type of person Nigel brought in. For me, I'm probably in the minority, but I like supporting likeable players. If I was a City fan then I'd want Yaya Toure gone even though he's one of the best.

This guy imo goes against a lot that was in place here.

Bang on post, Alpha.

We need to be careful; the wrong players will undermine what is clearly an exceptional team spirit.

i am ok with Leon Best - scored a great goal against us

I think he can add more than Connor Sammon

I like to people a free go - and i think he could be good to help us fire us to the top of the table

So rack off guys......give him a go if he signs

People do forget of some dreadful strikers we have signed in the past

PS loving the yellow kit

We have to look at it like...

will he be good back up - yes

is he better than sammon - yes

would he improve us - yes

he isnt the best player around but the market for a forward who can play the lone role the same way as martin and know they will be backup to martin is going to be pretty slim...people mention the likes of Murray, Wood and Becchio but they wouldnt join us to sit on our bench and all would cost around 1m plus as well

Rather take Conner Wickham on loan ,   ..  Poyet as stipulated he will be sold if he doesn't sign a new contract .... Leon Best doesn't enthral me ...if Best does arrive  hope he proves me wrong

I doubt Wickham will be coming back down to the championship..

Recalled back to Sunderland to score 5 goals in 3 games and named player of the month.. And then getting the assist for the goal that beat utd. 

He's clearly holding out for money due to this, and will easily get to move to another lower prem side if he leaves

I'm sorry but what do we REALLY know about his attitude? What facts do we actually have?

What, a few Blackburn fans heard that he had a bit of an attitude and something about him training badly. And because he's on big wages we naturally assume he's a massive dick?

We don't know ****, but we know that Blackburn really isn't a healthy club, where as we really are. Ward was rumoured to have an attitude, but has come here. Why do you think Thorne loved it so much here? We've got a good crowd to be with, I'm confident we won't have any problems in the dressing room whoever we bring in.

Unless we bring in Zlatan,in which case things would probably get messy quickly.

We have to look at it like...

will he be good back up - yes

is he better than sammon - yes

would he improve us - yes

he isnt the best player around but the market for a forward who can play the lone role the same way as martin and know they will be backup to martin is going to be pretty slim...people mention the likes of Murray, Wood and Becchio but they wouldnt join us to sit on our bench and all would cost around 1m plus as well

will he be good back up - not really

is he better than sammon - no

would he improve us - no

Ok at Coventry, poor at newcastle, poor at Blackburn, poor injury record, if he signs I'll support him and wish him well, but kind of hoped we'd be aiming higher.

will he be good back up - not really

is he better than sammon - no

would he improve us - no

Ok at Coventry, poor at newcastle, poor at Blackburn, poor injury record, if he signs I'll support him and wish him well, but kind of hoped we'd be aiming higher.

Wouldn't call 7 goals in the Prem whilst being a bit part player poor... Sammon managed 1 goal in 1 and a half seasons.. PS, Best managed 2x the goals sammon did in 15 apps for Wednesday....

I don't think he would be right for Derby I would like to see us use our overseas scouting a little more and maybe bring in someone from Europe to backup Martin.

I mean seriously Leon Best surely there are better players out there with slightly better work ethics and less arrogance.

Mason Bennett?

Archived