Derby in talks with Blackburn over loan deal for Leon Best - Owen Bradley

-JW-

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With some posters, if we brought Ibrahimivic they'd moan he won't fit into our system. Any improvement in quality shouldn't be sniffed at - it could make that vital difference at the end of the season between success and disappointment.

If he signs then give the guy a chance!

Think he will be decent.

I'm completely ignoring wages etc because it's not really down to us to say who and what we can afford. If we couldn't, we wouldn't.

But from what I've seen of him, he is pretty in the air which is definitely something we don't have.

Think he will be decent.

I'm completely ignoring wages etc because it's not really down to us to say who and what we can afford. If we couldn't, we wouldn't.

But from what I've seen of him, he is pretty in the air which is definitely something we don't have.

Bit of a pug on the ground?

PistoldPete2

If we sign Best on loan, would we not keep Sammon? I think he would be a replacement for Bamford, not Sammon.

I guess Sammon would be less likely to play as Bamford was sometimes played on the wing. But sammon had some good moments as a sub, its just hes not a target man and neither was Bamford .

If we sign Best on loan, would we not keep Sammon? I think he would be a replacement for Bamford, not Sammon.

I guess Sammon would be less likely to play as Bamford was sometimes played on the wing. But sammon had some good moments as a sub, its just hes not a target man and neither was Bamford .

Bamford played out wide, I'd very much doubt Best would.

I'd expect us to loan a Prem kid for the Bamford role (Ibe has been touted a few times)

I think he fits our system well - I'm okay with him signing purely for that reason.

With Sammon and Bamford we didn't have that, we really hinged on Martin's fitness and luckily it worked out well. Next season could be different, but Best can come in and play that role upfront, no problem. 

Whether or not he's going to score the goals to make us Champions doesn't bother me, he simply helps the continuity of the system and team. If he is a 'bad apple' in the side then I hope we have given ourselves leverage to send him back. I'm sure it won't come to that though. 

Sammon bless him, no one tries harder he did okay for us way back but I think the team has improved so much under SM that he doesnt fit our system and just totally looks out of place.

Best will be a direct replacement for Martin I expect. But did he not play a few games out wide for Soton or Newcastle?

Archived