Derby in talks with Blackburn over loan deal for Leon Best - Owen Bradley

-JW-

I think he will be a good signing. Look how man chances we create and how many goals we scored last season. He is bound to score goals with the players his got around him. Also we have 2 wing backs who like to get a ball in the box now which helps even further. 

The wages might be a bit too much but if there is any chance we can get Sammon of the books seeing as he is meant to be a big earner, then that will make up the difference. 

good back up to Martin

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jury will be out well and truly on this one, if he signs, until he has time on the pitch. For poor Conor I'm afraid the writing has been on the wall for a long time.

And the comparison between Conor and Best is virtually redundant. Anyone who scores roughly 1 in 4 at Prem level (Best) has potential to do well enough at Championship level...and with our current coaching, it may be better than that.

What's Conor's scoring record at Prem (Wigan) and Championship level....aside from what we're all confounded by at times with our own eyes in terms of the other aspects of his game?

So, Conor will be off soon for sure...and this would be the case if Best was to sign or not. 

I don't know much about him so had a look at a few Youtube vids. He looks o.k a fairly rounded striker bit of pace, bit of skill, can hold the ball ok and looks alright in the air also fairly strong. Mac can certainly work his magic on this guy.

The thing that stood out was his positioning, from what I saw he takes up some very good positions in and around the box which could be very good with the amount of chances we create. 

Obviously he will be a back up/different option to Martin. Looks like he will be able to play the Martin role, obviously not as well but he would offer more mobility and the option to mix it up a bit if things aren't going our way. 

The downside is a potential attitude problem and the wages. 

Archived