Derby in talks with Blackburn over loan deal for Leon Best - Owen Bradley

-JW-

Following Torres at Chelski?

Isn't following Torres similar to following the horse and cart with a shovel and bucket?

They say it's good for the roses.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, tin hat on...

Perhaps I'm a different generation to a lot on here but l can never recall ever slagging off one of our players to the cruel extent that Sammon is getting it from some on here. Yes, we always joked about the misfortunes of our own players in jest for a bit of fun on the terraces but I would say never we ever went to the same levels as what some have here. Connor Sammon is still a Rams player and until that is not the case we should get behind him and back him. Who knows, if he does stick around he could be the last minute sub who grabs the winner at wembley next time around to guarantee our place in the prem. I don't honestly think he is a bad player and would suit a 4-4-2 playing with/off another forward - at the moment we are not playing that system but that doesn't mean we never will.

If you want to slag off players, go on to the LTLF website and do it over there.

Some of the stuff on here is cringeworthy at best.

(Archie finds table to hide under)...

Just about anyone is better than Sammon tbh.With that being said,Best is well worth a look and with SM at the helm he can get the most out of him.

3 questions:

How old are you?

Have you ever seen Sammon play live?

Have you ever seen Best play live?

Right, tin hat on...

Perhaps I'm a different generation to a lot on here but l can never recall ever slagging off one of our players to the cruel extent that Sammon is getting it from some on here. Yes, we always joked about the misfortunes of our own players in jest for a bit of fun on the terraces but I would say never we ever went to the same levels as what some have here. Connor Sammon is still a Rams player and until that is not the case we should get behind him and back him. Who knows, if he does stick around he could be the last minute sub who grabs the winner at wembley next time around to guarantee our place in the prem. I don't honestly think he is a bad player and would suit a 4-4-2 playing with/off another forward - at the moment we are not playing that system but that doesn't mean we never will.

If you want to slag off players, go on to the LTLF website and do it over there.

Blindly backing awful players doesn't prove you're some kind of higher level of fan. He doesn't get booed or anything like that, we are all just calling a turd a turd.

Right, tin hat on...

Sammon is ****. Don't hate us, Hate science.

Sammon is not ****, he just doesn't suit our system and we are probably a bit higher than his level since Mac came in. 

There's a reason that a manager who is now competing to finish in the top 4 in the prem signed him but obviously you experts fancy yourself as having more about you than Martinethhhhh? 

It's embarrassing reading the **** he gets on here. People have got very short memories and should remember having ****** like Holdsworth upfront... they should also remember than Sammon didn't make the decision when we spent a big chunk of money on him and his attitude is fantastic. 

He might not have the ability for a team challenging at the top of the table but until November we were not a team challenging at the top of the table...  we progressed so far in such a short space of time and its ridiculous for us to be slating Sammon so badly. He's OUR player ffs. With fans like us (sarcastic cheers whenever he does something basic etc) who needs opposition fans?

Right, tin hat on...

My guess is we are of the same generation Archie, and whilst I accept many of your points (except that he might be any good [other than perhaps at League one level]) I think it better that posters should get it all out of their system on here, than take ANY negativity into the stadium. If Sammon or any Derby players pay any interest to this Forum I would be amazed. So I say embrace youff culture, and bring on cringeworthy. Banter is good. Humour is good. Sammon isn't good.

My issue is that he's had good coaching but doesn't seem to have improved in key areas since we signed him.

I was very supportive of him when he was a regular starter, we didn't have other options but I could see potential underneath the bumbling nature of some of his play, there WERE times when his touch could be exceptional but it always alternated between that and horrendous, nothing in between!

He still doesn't make the right movement in the box to get on the end of chances. Take Martin's first goal yesterday, he hung back on the 6 yard box and was perfectly placed - Sammon would have been on the goalline at the back post where the ball would simply never have reached him.

He still doesn't make the right movement in the box to get on the end of chances. Take Martin's first goal yesterday, he hung back on the 6 yard box and was perfectly placed - Sammon would have been on the goalline at the back post where the ball would simply never have reached him.

This is such an important thing when considering just how bad he is.

We have had players that have done similar to Sammon in other areas - namely Theo - but at least he knew exactly where to be to finish off a chance. So despite his poor first touch and running round like a headless chicken, you could guarantee he'd get some goals.

Sammon is not ****, he just doesn't suit our system and we are probably a bit higher than his level since Mac came in. 

There's a reason that a manager who is now competing to finish in the top 4 in the prem signed him but obviously you experts fancy yourself as having more about you than Martinethhhhh? 

It's embarrassing reading the **** he gets on here. People have got very short memories and should remember having ****** like Holdsworth upfront... they should also remember than Sammon didn't make the decision when we spent a big chunk of money on him and his attitude is fantastic. 

He might not have the ability for a team challenging at the top of the table but until November we were not a team challenging at the top of the table...  we progressed so far in such a short space of time and its ridiculous for us to be slating Sammon so badly. He's OUR player ffs. With fans like us (sarcastic cheers whenever he does something basic etc) who needs opposition fans?

I agree. Sammon tries his heart out. It's not his fault he has some technical deficiencies. They must have been there for all to see when we signed him. I suspect the posters on here wouldn't be too impressed if a new person at work was declared a better performer, came in to take over their job and then they were considered 'Sh&t' by comparison.

This is a human being we are discussing. By all means articulate the need to find a replacement, but leave the personal stuff out. 

Right, tin hat on...

Well said.

Post of the year

Good post. A bulletin board is analogous to a pub conversation. Mixture of considered points and emotive outbursts.

So people will tend towards hyperbole on here. It's human nature. Sadly, the players probably read it (wouldn't you find it hard not to?) And it may impact on them. Can't be helped

What is bang out of order is booing or disrespecting a player while on the pitch for us. That can't help. I live in London abd maybe go to 8 or 9 games a season. When sammon has come on as sub, I haven't heard boos

I suspect the posters on here wouldn't be too impressed if a new person at work was declared a better performer, came in to take over their job and then they were considered 'Sh&t' by comparison.

Any chance you are a public sector employee Anag Ram?

Any chance you are a public sector employee Anag Ram?

Not a bit of it. I've held down my post for 27 years now but there's not a day goes by when I'm not fool enough to think there's someone better who could take over tomorrow. That's what keeps me trying hard, like Sammon does. One day. a more technically gifted newcomer will fill my role. That's life, but it doesn't make me or others similar a bad person.

My issue is that he's had good coaching but doesn't seem to have improved in key areas since we signed him.

I was very supportive of him when he was a regular starter, we didn't have other options but I could see potential underneath the bumbling nature of some of his play, there WERE times when his touch could be exceptional but it always alternated between that and horrendous, nothing in between!

I don't think any of us are saying he's a world beater, just some on here think the cruel abuse he recieves on message boards like this is unwarrented, spiteful and unnecessary for a player who when he pulls on the black and white shirt, gives his all, works his socks off and is clearly extremely proud to be playing for us.

I agree about the ****  Sammon is given, in truth he just cant shoot very well, but his running and enthusiasm, and professionalism cant be derided by anyone, he pulls on the shirt with pride and gives 100% doing all he can do to ensure we win, and if thats defending from the front...

My guess is we are of the same generation Archie, and whilst I accept many of your points (except that he might be any good [other than perhaps at League one level]) I think it better that posters should get it all out of their system on here, than take ANY negativity into the stadium. If Sammon or any Derby players pay any interest to this Forum I would be amazed. So I say embrace youff culture, and bring on cringeworthy. Banter is good. Humour is good. Sammon isn't good.

I've never understood what banter really means.

Archived