Islam Slimani

drgoodspeak

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DERBY County are being linked with striker Islam Slimani, who starred for Algeria in the World Cup.

West Ham United are also reported to be interested in the Sporting Lisbon player.

His agent has suggested he could leave Sporting Lisbon this summer.

The 26-year-old scored two goals at World Cup in matches against South Korea and Russia to help Algeria reach the last 16 where they lost to Germany after extra time.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-linked-Algeria-striker-Islam-Slimani/story-21317896-detail/story.html#ixzz36Ln6pvlP

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-linked-Algeria-striker-Islam-Slimani/story-21317896-detail/story.html#jiQLrcXgobbQ2D4g.99

Are we looking at a change in formation? Slimani would cost some serious coin, and surely we're not going to spend it on a bench player, nor would be drop Martin...

26, 6'1", knows where the net is and knows has experience at the top level. I certainly wouldn't say no, but I just can't see it.

Are we looking at a change in formation? Slimani would cost some serious coin, and surely we're not going to spend it on a bench player, nor would be drop Martin...

26, 6'1", knows where the net is and knows has experience at the top level. I certainly wouldn't say no, but I just can't see it.

I think you've answered your own question.

This is nothing more than, well, I don't know what.

'Premier League Derby' for one..  :lol:

It could always just be a case of McClaren not thinking Chrissy Martin can make the step up and replacing him a year early?

I love the guy to bits but if the opportunity came along to improve upon him then why the hell not?

Chris Martin is a confidence player. He needs the ball in to feet in and around the area. Having a World class player (and that's what people who score in World Cups are) can only strengthen the team. Martin is quite capable of playing alongside him.

Archived