Islam Slimani

drgoodspeak

Chris Martin is a confidence player. He needs the ball in to feet in and around the area. Having a World class player (and that's what people who score in World Cups are) can only strengthen the team. Martin is quite capable of playing alongside him.

Matthew Upson scored for England in the last world cup. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be surprised to see Ward get a new deal tbh, we've already taken up the option on his one year extension.

Would like to see Keogh commit to a longer stint though.

All these new contracts being banded about, Chrissy Martin must be feeling a bit left out. How long did he sign on for last summer?

Re the WC signings, I'll believe it when I see it.

GT - happy dance on hold, but poised and ready to go as soon as word comes through....! :D

And no right back? I find that very hard to believe! We really should not be spending that much on a back up striker!

Personally I don't think it'll happen, but SlimBoyFat coming in, would he actually be the backup, or would he take Martin's place? Given how well he did in the WC, if we got him it would be a pretty good coup. I doubt we'd pull that off and then have him sitting on the bench.

Re a RB, presumably that would be the defender mentioned.

And no right back? I find that very hard to believe! We really should not be spending that much on a back up striker!

Strikers win matches and promotion.

We don't have enough quality strikers.

Where is the back up for Martin !

If we were to get a defender/right back who's been featuring in the WC, I'd hope to god that it's Yedlin!

A lot of people are talking about Yedlin and I agree he had a good game and caught the eye against Belgium, but prior to that game he wasn't first choice and only came on as a late substitute. He has never played club football outside of the USA and if we are thinking of paying serious money for a right back he would be a bit of a gamble. Added to that, our past record with signings from the USA hasn't been that great.

A lot of people are talking about Yedlin and I agree he had a good game and caught the eye against Belgium, but prior to that game he wasn't first choice and only came on as a late substitute. He has never played club football outside of the USA and if we are thinking of paying serious money for a right back he would be a bit of a gamble. Added to that, our past record with signings from the USA hasn't been that great.

Oi!

Archived