Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considerably better than Sammon if you ask me.

Sammon - 27yrs old, 265 games, 44 goals, strike rate of 0.166 GPG. Since 2010/11, 115 games 11 goals.

Jutkiewicz - 25yrs old, 214 games, 53 goals, strike rate of 0.247 GPG. Since 2010/11, 132 games, 36 goals,

No comparison really.

* about half of Sammons goals came within 6 months in the SPL.

Sammon - 27yrs old, 265 games, 44 goals, strike rate of 0.166 GPG. Since 2010/11, 115 games 11 goals.

Jutkiewicz - 25yrs old, 214 games, 53 goals, strike rate of 0.247 GPG. Since 2010/11, 132 games, 36 goals,

No comparison really.

Sammon really is dogsh*t isn't he!  His movement is very good but once he gets a chance he messes it up.  It's like Brad Pitt putting in the ground work with Angelina and then getting sacked off cus he tries to f**k it in her ear...

No comparison really.

Sammon's scored 32 goals since 10/11.

Sammon's scored 32 goals since 10/11.

Since 2010/11 implies the seasons 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2013/14, from which he has scored:

2011/12: 0 (25 games)

2012/13: 8 (45 games)

2013/14: 2 (38 games)

International: 0 (8 games)

So that would be 10 goals in 116 games since 2010/11. A few goals at SPL level is also not really a sign of a goalscorer. Scotland is notorious for over inflating strike rates. Players tend to score at about half the rate per game in the Championship than they would in the SPL. That is, an SPL 20 goals in 30 games is about Championship 10 goals in 30 games.

I don't mind Sammon, he has his uses, but I'm not sure he's what he need anymore.

A few goals at SPL level is also not really a sign of a goalscorer. Scotland is notorious for over inflating strike rates. Players tend to score at about half the rate per game in the Championship than they would in the SPL. That is, an SPL 20 goals in 30 games is about Championship 10 goals in 30 games.

17 of Jutkiewicz's goals were in the SPL as well.

17 of Jutkiewicz's goals were in the SPL as well.

He has also never cracked 10 goals in a season at Championship level.

If we are to go for him though, why not. Given the right set up and confidence he'd certainly offer something. If McClaren thinks he's the right man for the job, then why not.

Sammon won't leave and no-one apart from Clough will come into him. He is better out wide than up top anyway...

We need cover for Martin, a role which Juke can fill, but £1m seems like a lot. And from what I've seen of Jutkiewicz, him and Martin are very different players. He doesn't provide many chances for his team-mates; Martin was the second highest chance creator in the Championship after McCormack.

This to me screams squad player for cover and/or Plan B. It just seems very expensive considering.

TobyWanKenobi

In an ideal world you want 2 bods for each position. That striker role for us is currently Martin and Sammon. This guy is clearly a step up from Sammon, so quality signing. Clearly something that Steve Mac and the team have identified is that we need a better striker to push Martin, and step up when Martin loses form or gets suspended for slipping over.

The only thing is do we spend £1 million on a back up and would he be interested in being a squad player here or the main man at somewhere like Bolton.

If we have a pot of money to spend then I'm all for it but if not, I'd rather we put the money more towards Thorne/CDM and right back.

And if it's at the cost of losing a first teamer like Bryson or Martin, then I wouldn't be too pleased with that either.

We'll see how it pans out and if we're actually serious about this one or just posturing for some reason..

How do we know he'd be a backup? Any signing might start out as such but it would be up to the player to grab his chance when he could.

That's what Thorne was for 2 months - just backup - then he got in the side and Eustace couldn't get rid of him.

Archived