Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we got lucky last season with Martin not picking up any injuries and against Millwall when he was suspended it showed how much we missed him and also how Sammon really is not good enough to play that role...Jutkiewicz is a more than capable replacement

Couldn't agree more.

Last season Martin missed 1 game. Millwall at home.

Sammon played up top and offered absolutely nothing to the game at all.

We surely cant be that lucky again to have Martin stay fit all season. He's going to miss games, so we need players capable of coming in and doing a job.

They key to promotion is options in every area. Juke would be a brilliant signing in my opinion.

The only thing is do we spend £1 million on a back up and would he be interested in being a squad player here or the main man at somewhere like Bolton.

If we have a pot of money to spend then I'm all for it but if not, I'd rather we put the money more towards Thorne/CDM and right back.

And if it's at the cost of losing a first teamer like Bryson or Martin, then I wouldn't be too pleased with that either.

We'll see how it pans out and if we're actually serious about this one or just posturing for some reason..

The only thing is do we spend £1 million on a back up and would he be interested in being a squad player here or the main man at somewhere like Bolton.

If we have a pot of money to spend then I'm all for it but if not, I'd rather we put the money more towards Thorne/CDM and right back.

And if it's at the cost of losing a first teamer like Bryson or Martin, then I wouldn't be too pleased with that either.

We'll see how it pans out and if we're actually serious about this one or just posturing for some reason..

Our current backup cost 1m so why not sell him and have a different 1m backup who can actually make a difference when he comes on? We need quality competition in every position.

Also nothing to say he would be back up as we don't know how McClaren intends to play next season.

Jutkiewicz could prove to be a shrewd signing.

He's not exactly set the world alight elsewhere but, as previous posters had pointed out, neither did Martin.  Seeing as it's being implied we've put in a bid(or are about to at the very least), McClaren clearly sees something in this guy that he likes and must feel he can either provide serious competition to Martin or can provide a plan B from the bench when games are tight.  

He's had a semi-decent record at other clubs around Championship level before now and, given the way our current coaching staff have helped the playing squad raise their game, i'm cautiously optimistic that we might be getting ourselves a very tidy signing once we get him playing in our system.

Or....he could end up at Fulham!

I knew someone would say that.

At the time, Sammon was not a back-up.

True but why change a system which has been so successful and where the players know their roles.

At the time he wasnt backup but he is back up now so effectively is still a £1m back up.

McClaren has used the best formation with the players he inherited, with a full pre-season he may have his own ideas. 4132 would not be a huge change in positions but would have us with 2 forwards.

1 - Thorne (hopefully) + Eustace

3 - Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes, Coutts, Russell, Dawkins, Ward, Bennett

2 - Martin, Juke (maybe), McCormack (maybe), Russell, Ward, Dawkins, Bennett

Sell Sammon to help fund Juke

Before we signed Martin his goal scoring record wasn't very good at all, but with our service and how we played last season look how many he's scored.

I think jute could be the same. Quite strong, good header on him and pretty sharp off the mark

Although we were lucky that Martin didn't miss many games through injuries/suspensions. Because of the way that he plays with his back to the defender, there must have been games where he played when he could have done with resting niggles. If this goes ahead, I would think it will be with the intention of sharing the load rather than just a back-up on the bench.

The first thing you look for in a striker is goals and he hasn't scored a great deal but on the other hand neither had Martin.  Also he'd fit out formation/system a lot easier than Sammon so would be decent back up.  And yes I think he would be back up in the traditional sense because Schteve knows as well as anybody that all players need a run of games to be at there best, strikers in particular, so I can't see someone coming into share the games.  If he's fit and regularly knocking them in Martin will start every time...

Archived