Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

Are we going to be competing with Fulham and Norwich for every player we are interested in? I wish we could go back to the days of reading in the paper that we had signed someone. Nowadays there is always an agent and selling club fuelled media circus that lasts weeks before hand

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was highly rated at Coventry and I wanted us to go after him when he moved to Boro...sometimes players struggle at certain clubs but doesnt make them a bad player.

Im pretty sure he is good mates with Keogh too from their Coventry days.

Im sure Southampton were interested in him a few years back too as he started out there I thinm

Are we going to be competing with Fulham and Norwich for every player we are interested in? I wish we could go back to the days of reading in the paper that we had signed someone. Nowadays there is always an agent and selling club fuelled media circus that lasts weeks before hand

Better than competing against the likes of Barnsley, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic etc....

Honestly, I've always thought he looks nearly good. Not quite, but nearly.

So if McClaren, who seems to turn everything to gold, thinks he can push Martin and add greater (and very welcome) depth to our squad then I think we should be satisfied with this.

Just happy it's not Chris Wood. Jutkiewicz looks like there's something to work with. Wood imo looks like he's one of the most boring standard Dexter Blackstock striker you see up and down the country all day and doesn't really have any real room for improvement.

imo.

Even Sammon gives me more hope than Wood. If Sammon stopped drinking Red Bull and realised the ball doesn't burn you I think he has a touch of promise. Unfortunately he seems surprised when he actually does have the ball. Which is a drawback. For a footballer.

If we swap him out for Sammon it's an upgrade. We just need someone that can do a similar job to Martin because last season without him we were pretty poor.

Aye. Has he ever played in a top half side? I've got a feeling he's spent his career battling up top for hoofball merchant second rate teams.  Would do well here IMO, given a good side to play in and some actual service.

Is there any truth in this one or just another my mate said. If so do one we don't need another pointless mccormack mark 2 thread. However if there is any truth to this he is a good player and really 1 million is probably about right (sammon) and he is better than him.

Didn't he pop one (or even a couple?) in against us playing for Coventry at the Bruce Rioch Stadium a few years ago? Can't remember, but I seem to recall he was hugely influential on the result. After a while one defeat by Coventry looks pretty much like any other (except when they are smashing six in, of course)

Archived