Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

I'd love to know where he's going. No-one is linked with him and then they have to offer him a wage and contract term which is acceptable to him. He won't want to take a fraction of his wage for a move to a lower league side. Best hope is that Mac can get the best out of him.

Ipswich, Blackburn and Sheff U were all linked in January by their local papers. No reason why interest can't be rekindled. Maybe Sammon would take a wage cut to be guaranteed football? Lots of footballers do it. I'll be very surprised if Sammon if a Derby player come September

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to know where he's going. No-one is linked with him and then they have to offer him a wage and contract term which is acceptable to him. He won't want to take a fraction of his wage for a move to a lower league side. Best hope is that Mac can get the best out of him.

Yea Sheff utd or some other unwitting respectable club would take him especially at a low asking price. I dont imagine he is on silly money but surely he would take a bit of a hit to get first team football.

Yea Sheff utd or some other unwitting respectable club would take him especially at a low asking price. I dont imagine he is on silly money but surely he would take a bit of a hit to get first team football.

Sammon is our top earner, supposedly £15,000 p/w.

Sammon is our top earner, supposedly £15,000 p/w.

I don't think it's quite that high, £11,000 is the figure I've heard most commonly.

I wouldnt want to speculate but its probably lower than you think. It certainly not astronomical in comparison to many players in this division. But I am sure if we brought a new striker in like juke, sammon would most likely seek a move himself and he would probably help facilitate that with his wage demands anyway he seems like the professional type that would do that. 

I wouldnt want to speculate but its probably lower than you think. It certainly not astronomical in comparison to many players in this division. But I am sure if we brought a new striker in like juke, sammon would most likely seek a move himself and he would probably help facilitate that with his wage demands anyway he seems like the professional type that would do that. 

Rush confirmed him and Keogh were our top earners at a Q&A session so it's probably a lot higher than you think...

Not to mention the fact that he's only this last season broken into the Republic of Ireland squad. I doubt he'd jeopardise his chances of getting a call up for the Euro qualifiers by dropping down the the third tier.

He'll stay and fight for a place again this coming season; watch this space.

Rush confirmed him and Keogh were our top earners at a Q&A session so it's probably a lot higher than you think...

Not to mention the fact that he's only this last season broken into the Republic of Ireland squad. I doubt he'd jeopardise his chances of getting a call up for the Euro qualifiers by dropping down the the third tier.

That's interesting, I didn't think Keogh would have been one of our top earners to be honest...

Yea i knew Keogh was on a fair wedge but I certainly dont see Sammon hanging around if another striker comes and there is nothing to say a championship team might not come in for him. I will be highly surprised if he is still at the club come the end of the summer transfer window as he wont even be making the bench.

That's interesting, I didn't think Keogh would have been one of our top earners to be honest...

I thought Sam Rush never discussed contracts!!!

Some of it is implied rather than stated directly. Most of Derby's team are in the £8,000 to £10,000 weekly wage bracket. This is widely reported and Rush has said as much.

Tyson was reportedly our highest earner, believed to be over the £10,000 mark, before Sammon who took over as the highest earner which is where the figure of £11,000 probably comes from (Take the top line and add a nominal amount, say, £1000).

It may not have been an exact statement of 'Sammon and Keogh are our highest earners' but their names were mentioned when discussing those on the higher wage.

DERBY COUNTY have been told to up their offer for Middlesbrough striker Lukas Jutkiewicz.

Derby, who missed out on promotion back to the Premier League by losing to QPR in the play-off final last month, are the front-runners to land the Boro front-man.

But despite offering around the £1m mark, Middlesbrough have told them to increase it if they want to win the race for Jutkiewicz’s signature.

After a successful loan at Bolton last season, interest in the former Coventry City man has grown and Middlesbrough’s valuation is understood to be over the £1.3m price-tag they paid for him in January 2012.

Jutkiewicz’s stay on Teesside has had its ups and downs and Middlesbrough are prepared to let him go this summer provided the deal suits them.

Aitor Karanka is keen to have different options in attack next season and raising some money by selling Jutkiewicz would boost his cause.

As revealed in The Northern Echo at the start of the week, a deal is already in place that will see Marvin Emnes join Swansea City for a little over £1m and Middlesbrough are just awaiting Swans chairman Huw Jenkins to finalise things at his end.

Derby have made their initial move for Jutkiewicz and are expected to return with an improved offer, with Steve McClaren keen to take the ex-Southampton and Everton man to Pride Park. Bolton, Wolves and Wigan are also interested.

If Middlesbrough can raise well in excess of £2m for both players it would lessen the need to listen to offers for others and strengthen Karanka’s hand in trying to bring in his own men.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/sunderland/read_article/11292609._/?

I'd pay whatever Mac and Evans believe he's worth. Haven't made one bad signing yet. Lot of "football experts" on here who say he's not worth it, let the professionals do their job

Thanks for the advice.

You say they've not made one bad signing yet they've only had one window and signed one player for a cash fee.

Are we not allowed to be disappointed about the prospect of signing a mid-championship level player for a big fee?

Most fans, football experts or not, are a little underwhelmed at the prospect.

I'd pay whatever Mac and Evans believe he's worth. Haven't made one bad signing yet. Lot of "football experts" on here who say he's not worth it, let the professionals do their job

Us football experts are entitled to our opinion and have every right to give our thoughts on any prospective signings. Without these football experts who go week in week out, there would be no football club. On topic of the player in question... over 1.3m? No chance, average championship player with average goalscoring record... for that fee... no thanks

And so begins the player assassination before we have even signed him.

I do remember the same with Steve Howard. That turned out alright.

What difference does it make?

If he signs I'll support him and Mac no matter what and see where it goes. I've seen enough of Lukas to form an opinion of him.

I'm not the sort of person to slag off our players, Sammon included.

Thanks for the advice.

You say they've not made one bad signing yet they've only had one window and signed one player for a cash fee.

Are we not allowed to be disappointed about the prospect of signing a mid-championship level player for a big fee?

Most fans, football experts or not, are a little underwhelmed at the prospect.

When we initially signed Martin I'd wager the majority of fans didn't even think he was up to the standard of being a mid-championship player so what do we know.

I don't get this 'star signing to show our intent' nonsense. There wasn't a fat lot wrong with what we did last season so if we can either resign the likes of Thorne and Wisdom or, if they're not available, replacements who are at least of the same calibre, then that will do for me.

Archived