Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

I'd definitely take him for less than a million. He may not have the best goal scoring record, but players with good goal scoring records will be out of our price range. I think he'll be about as good as it gets for a bench striker.

Offers more pace and height than Martin, while not having the donkey factor of Sammon. Also, while he has an average goal scoring record, he won't have played in a team that scores as many as us. Did Martin really have a great goal scoring record at this level before he came to us? Not really.

I'd be very happy if we got him in.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good signing if it happens, I've always rated Jutkiewicz. He's a confidence player plain and simple, when he's on it he's unplayable and when he's not he's bang average. He was class at Coventry and did very well at Bolton. Put it this way he's better than Sammon and he will improve us, he will score some important goals for us next season if he signs mark my words. Good bit of business Derby well done

Their thread on POTY's 

Only one possible name, the man who saved our championship lives. Lukas Jutkiewicz.

1. Juke

We didn't have a season worth arguing about until the Juke arrived. He'll play a dozen or so games and be the choice of the vast majority...

'm reluctant to pick a loan player off 12 games but given the season we've had Juke is the obvious one.

Juke and Danns are the only ones getting any credit from me this season

Juke is one of the few players at the moment we have who I really enjoy watching. And I'm gutted, genuinely when he isn't playing.

All things considered, it'd have to be the Juke.

Juke is by far our most impressive performer this season and I'd be happy to see him win it, but I'd always go for someone who has played most of a season.

@OfficialBWFC: Congrats to @Lukeyjuke! He was voted as the @bwfcjuniors Player of the Season at their awards party today. #BWFC http://t.co/hkOen5bcJt

Amongst others.. 

Always rated him actually. And the folk I know at Coventry thought he was excellent for them. I say a good extra option when, though it pains me to say it, my heart sinks if I see Sammon warming up.

He was good at Coventry and 2 years ago was highly regarded. Jutkiewicz gives us a plan B which we don't really have with Sammon. He may have lost his way a little over the past couple of seasons but that should have deflated his value, and who better to turn him around than McClaren.

Of course we need a like for like. Just a side point. What do we think will happen to Bamford? Chelsea about to sign Costa. Getting Lukaku back. Just signed Fabregas and Hazard's brother Thorgan is back and highly rated. Seems like Chelsea will play 1 up top. Could even do a Spain and opt to not play a forward for some matches. Their attacking midfield wealth is going to be immense next season. 

Bamford just hasn't got a chance at Chelsea. Do you think we will be his first choice for a loan? 

Of course we need a like for like. Just a side point. What do we think will happen to Bamford? Chelsea about to sign Costa. Getting Lukaku back. Just signed Fabregas and Hazard's brother Thorgan is back and highly rated. Seems like Chelsea will play 1 up top. Could even do a Spain and opt to not play a forward for some matches. Their attacking midfield wealth is going to be immense next season.

Bamford just hasn't got a chance at Chelsea. Do you think we will be his first choice for a loan?

No one will ever 'do a Spain' ever again. Nearly like doing an 'England' but conceding almost double the goals!

Archived