Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seems to be the only thing you're judging him on....

You still haven't answered my question

No, I'm basing my opinion on having seen him several times over the last four seasons.

Target men are functional but unexciting players. We don't play hoofball and, short of a plan B, the thought of hoofball is a turnoff.

What was the question that I hadn't answered?

No, I'm basing my opinion on having seen him several times over the last four seasons.

Target men are functional but unexciting players. We don't play hoofball and, short of a plan B, the thought of hoofball is a turnoff.

What was the question that I hadn't answered?

Completely untrue. Chris Martin is a target man, do we play hoofball? A target man doesn't have to use his head.. A target man involves being the target ie with Martin, we play the ball into his feet/chest, he holds the ball up and he plays it out-wide/to our attacking midfield player making runs. Lukas could be similar sort of player.

The question was who would you sign who is available for that price (£1m-£1.5m...)

The likelihood of Martin going through another season without injury of loss of form must be small so we need other options. In addition we need height and physical strength when teams like Millwall try to stifle our close passing game. Just looking at his scoring stats and condemning him as not good enough for Derby County is plain daft, on that basis the likes of John O'Hare would never have joined us, nor would Martin. Bolton fans loved him and they want him back, lets give him a chance if he comes, our game might suit him down to the ground and he would give us options for a plan B which we don't have at the moment. Some fans who have seen him about once are already writing him off!

Straw-man? I felt I made fair points :)

Anyway, Nixon said this @reluctantnicko: @doogiewanderer Told it is instalments to about 1.25m. Depends on breakdown. Boro want decent guaranteed cash.

To be fair, if that was the deal, it would free up cash without blowing our ffp principle. Cash up front would leave us very little money with which to land targets in more crucial areas specifically RB and defensive midfielder.

To be fair, if that was the deal, it would free up cash without blowing our ffp principle. Cash up front would leave us very little money with which to land targets in more crucial areas specifically RB and defensive midfielder.

True.

Maybe other teams will take pity on us.

Yeah good point. Derby always seem to try and work with add ons, with most big deals we do. Probably the reason why

Oh -I didn't know we'd made our budget public what is it then?

Oh -I didn't know we'd made our budget public what is it then?

This is a cynical attempt to try and start an argument and I have no time for you.

Our losses for the previous two seasons are public. Doesn't take a genius to work out the region of our available funds.

Look into it.

Archived