Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

He gave Buxton a hard time at Derby this year...

I remember it now, it was a Tuesday night and the most negative display of football I'd seen all season.

Jutkiewicz was shoving Buxton all over the place and had absolutely zero service. He was more of a Greg Halford type striker than a Chris Martin type.

I've just looked at the match report and he had one shot and created one chance for Neil Danns.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can't understand this "can we just put the money into the pot for Thorne" nonsense? 

Are we spose to p1ss our whole budget on one player and disregard the fact that there are other areas we need to strengthen too?

Namely CDM to play ahead of Eust, a right back to replace Wisdom, possibly a back up FB to cover both fozz and the RB and competition for Martin from somebody who can also hold the ball up well. 

but no lets spunk our budget on the one player and hope to god Freeman can cut it at the top of the champ and that we have no injuries what so ever...

can't understand this "can we just put the money into the pot for Thorne" nonsense? 

Are we spose to p1ss our whole budget on one player and disregard the fact that there are other areas we need to strengthen too?

Namely CDM to play ahead of Eust, a right back to replace Wisdom, possibly a back up FB to cover both fozz and the RB and competition for Martin from somebody who can also hold the ball up well. 

but no lets spunk our budget on the one player and hope to god Freeman can cut it at the top of the champ and that we have no injuries what so ever...

Our whole budget?. Have the club released a statement saying that they only have a million to spend? They may have a budget of 3 million or 500k. Don't expect much to happen until after world cup. The only thing regarding transfers we have heard is that we are actively trying to sign Thorne.

Can you understand spending 1 mil on a back up striker though ?

Can you understand spending 1 mil on a back up striker though ?

can you understand that nowhere has it said he will be back up? 

in my opinion I can only see Mac bringing in players he thinks will challenge for the starting role in their positions. If Juc was to come in (i feel like he's a good player in this division) he wouldn't come with the role of warming the bench. 

I can understand however that judging by the going fees for strikers, a striker with a potential (reportedly) 5 suitors is a bargain at £1m. I can fully understand why teams would pay that for him because he is a very good player.

Our whole budget?. Have the club released a statement saying that they only have a million to spend? They may have a budget of 3 million or 500k. Don't expect much to happen until after world cup. The only thing regarding transfers we have heard is that we are actively trying to sign Thorne.

Nowhere did I say that our whole budget was £1m. The point I was making (which was pretty damn obvious) was that why should we be looking to spend 2/3m on Thorne whilst leaving ourselves short in other areas. The way some fans are going on you would think they would rather we spent the whole transfer kitty on one position with the "can we not just put the 1m towards george thorne" comments. Ludicrous. One player will not guarantee us promotion.

Nixon's rumourmill is stating 5 clubs (Us, Bolton, Brighton, Wigan, Wolves) but other papers have also linked Blackburn. 6 teams suddenly interested in a player who's been out in the cold for two years with a poor scoring record.

The initial asking price was £1m. Our bid of £1m has not been and likely will not be accepted given the interest in him. It's believed that the final fee may be in the region of £2m. Still a bargain? For a player who is to compete for a place with our current centre forward?!

I don't see how Jutkiewicz could keep Martin out of the side, I don't see how he could play alongside him. I only see a squad player albeit a decent one.

can you understand that nowhere has it said he will be back up? 

in my opinion I can only see Mac bringing in players he thinks will challenge for the starting role in their positions. If Juc was to come in (i feel like he's a good player in this division) he wouldn't come with the role of warming the bench. 

I can understand however that judging by the going fees for strikers, a striker with a potential (reportedly) 5 suitors is a bargain at £1m. I can fully understand why teams would pay that for him because he is a very good player.

Why make Martin sit on the bench ? scored 20+ this season. 2 up front isnt how we play, so someones gotta sit on the bench. 

Why make Martin sit on the bench ? scored 20+ this season. 2 up front isnt how we play, so someones gotta sit on the bench. 

You start with the one who has impressed the most during pre season. It is near impossible to bring in quality by selling to them the idea of starting on the bench

I don't get where this idea that he's a quality player has come from. Half a season for a poor Bolton side?

I've only seen him play half a dozen times (Against Derby) in my life. Remember him being one of Coventry's better players when they were still in the championship and obviously he scores against us (A lot).

What I have found is this thread by some people who've seen him a lot more times than I have. It doesn't make for good reading...

http://forum.comeonboro.com/index.php?topic=82177.0

I don't get where this idea that he's a quality player has come from. Half a season for a poor Bolton side?

I've only seen him play half a dozen times (Against Derby) in my life. Remember him being one of Coventry's better players when they were still in the championship and obviously he scores against us (A lot).

What I have found is this thread by some people who've seen him a lot more times than I have. It doesn't make for good reading...

http://forum.comeonboro.com/index.php?topic=82177.0

If our scouting and coaching set up have bid £1m for him then he's a quality player. Complete faith.

My opinion

Nixon's rumourmill is stating 5 clubs (Us, Bolton, Brighton, Wigan, Wolves) but other papers have also linked Blackburn. 6 teams suddenly interested in a player who's been out in the cold for two years with a poor scoring record.

The initial asking price was £1m. Our bid of £1m has not been and likely will not be accepted given the interest in him. It's believed that the final fee may be in the region of £2m. Still a bargain? For a player who is to compete for a place with our current centre forward?!

I don't see how Jutkiewicz could keep Martin out of the side, I don't see how he could play alongside him. I only see a squad player albeit a decent one.

The amount of assumption in that post is staggering  :lol:

If our scouting and coaching set up have bid £1m for him then he's a quality player. Complete faith.

My opinion

A lot of clubs are willing to stump up that fee and probably more. I doubt we'll get him anyway in all honesty.

The amount of assumption in that post is staggering   :lol:

Most of that post is what's been reported. The final sentence is my opinion. If you can tell me a successful partnership of two target men, be my guest.

Archived