Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get where this idea that he's a quality player has come from. Half a season for a poor Bolton side?

I've only seen him play half a dozen times (Against Derby) in my life. Remember him being one of Coventry's better players when they were still in the championship and obviously he scores against us (A lot).

What I have found is this thread by some people who've seen him a lot more times than I have. It doesn't make for good reading...

http://forum.comeonboro.com/index.php?topic=82177.0

What we also have to remember is that at the point that the thread was written, he was playing in a poor, out of form Boro side. He played well at Coventry and Bolton so he has the capacity to be a good player when supported. I think he could excel in a team like ours with fast, fluid passing.

What we also have to remember is that at the point that the thread was written, he was playing in a poor, out of form Boro side. He played well at Coventry and Bolton so he has the capacity to be a good player when supported. I think he could excel in a team like ours with fast, fluid passing.

I get where you're coming from, Moss.

I was impressed with him at Coventry but that was 4 years ago. His goal scoring record speaks for itself (I would also like to add at this juncture the number of goals he's scored from penalties as opposed to open play).

Look at the Bolton forum. They're generally not that bothered about signing him either.

I was impressed with him at Coventry but that was 4 years ago. His goal scoring record speaks for itself (I would also like to add at this juncture the number of goals he's scored from penalties as opposed to open play).

Look at the Bolton forum. They're generally not that bothered about signing him either.

Most Bolton fans I've seen really rate him, some even touted him for their player of the season, despite only being on loan.

Paying over 1 million for a cover player does seem a little excessive but it's all relative to the budget that we've got. I would hate to see us buy Juke and then have to skimp out on a RB and bring in someone mediocre for example, but if we have a decent budget he would be an excellent player to have in the squad.

I disagree. I haven't seen one Bolton fan who wishes they wouldn't sign him. The Bolton paper classed him as a fans favourite and he clearly is one

Most Bolton fans I've seen really rate him, some even touted him for their player of the season, despite only being on loan.

Paying over 1 million for a cover player does seem a little excessive but it's all relative to the budget that we've got. I would hate to see us buy Juke and then have to skimp out on a RB and bring in someone mediocre for example, but if we have a decent budget he would be an excellent player to have in the squad.

I disagree. I haven't seen one Bolton fan who wishes they wouldn't sign him. The Bolton paper classed him as a fans favourite and he clearly is one

Look on their own forum. They're not saying 'don't sign' they're saying 'If it's one or the other, sign a goalscorer instead'. I'm sure they'd be happy to have him but I think this Jutkiewicz love in has gone a little OTT since we've been linked with him.

Look on their own forum. They're not saying 'don't sign' they're saying 'If it's one or the other, sign a goalscorer instead'. I'm sure they'd be happy to have him but I think this Jutkiewicz love in has gone a little OTT since we've been linked with him.

Every team wants a goal-scorer. Look at what our fans were saying this time last season, along the lines of 'Martin isn't the goalscorer we need' and look how that has turned out.

The fact that Juke already has a decent scoring record is a bonus and with the quality coaching setup we've got here, he can only improve on that.

I've just looked and 90% have made him no.1 priority... A few say otherwise but as I say a few... Check twitter ect, and as ambitions posted early on he got voted POTY on that exact forum

I think he would be a good buy to £1mil. He is proven at this level and has a decent enough goal scoring record. When i have seen him play against Derby in the past he has often been a handful. I would certainly rather have him waiting on the bench when we need a goal than Sammon. He can take penalties too!!

Sammon is going nowhere; got another 2 years on his contract.

One sniff of another striker and we can apparently just get rid. Never mind finding a buyer, he'll probably just walk out of his lucrative contract...

We should at least try and get as much value out of him whilst he's a paid member of the squad.

Sammon is going nowhere; got another 2 years on his contract.

One sniff of another striker and we can apparently just get rid. Never mind finding a buyer, he'll probably just walk out of his lucrative contract...

We should at least try and get as much value out of him whilst he's a paid member of the squad.

Sammon is very likely to be moving on this season. He doesnt fit our system and the management are clearly interested in other strikers. There no way we can realistically afford 3 well paid strikers without us having to cut corners elsewhere in the team.

Sammon is very likely to be moving on this season. He doesnt fit our system and the management are clearly interested in other strikers. There no way we can realistically afford 3 well paid strikers without us having to cut corners elsewhere in the team.

I'd love to know where he's going. No-one is linked with him and then they have to offer him a wage and contract term which is acceptable to him. He won't want to take a fraction of his wage for a move to a lower league side. Best hope is that Mac can get the best out of him.

I'd love to know where he's going. No-one is linked with him and then they have to offer him a wage and contract term which is acceptable to him. He won't want to take a fraction of his wage for a move to a lower league side. Best hope is that Mac can get the best out of him.

Sheffield Utd I would imagine but he would have to take a wage cut. If Clough guarantees him first team football, I think he will move. 

Archived