Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

I'm just desperate to see a new signing and to be honest he looks like he would be a good one. Nobody saw Sammon as someone who could come on and score a goal, but I think Lukas could be that player. Plus Martin will have to fight for his place in the starting lineup which could bring the very best out of him.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've spoke to Bolton fan this morning and he said he holds Juke soley responsble for keeping them up... And he was deadly serious. Said he was their POTY after only playing 20 matches and he would be devestated if they didn't keep him.

Says he's very similar to Martin, left footed, and has a good eye for goal and is excellant in the air, the best he's seen at this level he said.

Sounds promising to me

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/11289954.It_s_now_or_never_for_Wanderers_in_Jutkiewicz_hunt/?ref=mr

It's now or never for Wanderers in Jutkiewicz hunt

Interest is growing among Wanderers' Championship rivals for Lukas Jutkiewicz

by Marc Iles

6:10am Friday 20th June 2014 in Sport

share to Whatsapp

WANDERERS face missing out on fans’ favourite Lukas Jutkiewicz unless they act quickly.

Sources close to the player claim promotion-chasing Derby County have now matched Middlesbrough’s £1million asking price for the striker – and local rivals Wigan Athletic are prepared to follow suit in the next 24 hours.

Wolves and Blackburn Rovers have also registered their interest, but despite the competition, it is understood Jutkiewicz would prefer a move to Bolton, where he was a smash hit on loan last season.

Dougie Freedman has confirmed his interest in the 25-year-old but the Whites have struggled to come up with the cash this summer.

That could change if reported interest from Burnley materialises in a bid.

But the reailty if that they could now miss out on Jutkiewicz if Steve McClaren’s Derby get their man.

McClaren is understood to see Jutkiewicz as the missing piece of a squad that has been carefully assembled over the last four years and just missed out on promotion via the play-offs last season.

There has been mounting worry among Wanderers fans that the lack of a proven goalscorer could see them miss out on the top six again next term.

But Jutkiewicz proved in his four-month stay that he suits Freedman’s system – scoring seven goals in 21 appearances for the club.

Freedman also wants to bring back Joe Mason from Cardiff City but is focusing first on trying to head his Championship rivals off for the highly-rated Jutkiewicz who he rescued from the subs’ bench at the Riverside last season.

Wanderers go into the new season with Jermaine Beckford as the only recognised front man.

Marvin Sordell is not likely to feature regularly under Freedman and last season’s goal-getters have now returned to their parent clubs.

Wow... I'd thought he was like 35 not 25! seems to have been around for ever!

He's a big lad isn't he? Can play the target man role a bit better than Sammon maybe... Was never massively impressed with him but we def need someone who can play that role when Martin needs resting.

Its pleasing to be linked with decent players who are attracting interest from other high ranking/big clubs in our league and be able to think to yourself, 'we must be a more attractive proposition then them'.

In the past few years I'd become accustomed to thinking, 'oh well, he's bound to end up somewhere else.'

To be honest if we do sign Jutkiewicz I think its safe to say we will be selling Sammon so hopefully we can recoup as much money on him as possible to help cover some of the cost for Jutkiewicz.

With other teams being interested in him I think £1m is a fair price and from what I can gather that is M'Boro's asking price so our bid should be accepted then it's down to if he is interested or not...Keogh could play a part in that seems as though they are mates, similar to Bryson and Russell last summer.

He would certainly offer more from the bench than Sammon does if that is where he will play (could be a change in formation) but like others have said I think he woudl thrive in an attacking team like us.

Maybe should be another thread but considering his height has Sammon ever scored a header for us?

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/11289954.It_s_now_or_never_for_Wanderers_in_Jutkiewicz_hunt/?ref=mr

It's now or never for Wanderers in Jutkiewicz hunt

Interest is growing among Wanderers' Championship rivals for Lukas Jutkiewicz

by Marc Iles

6:10am Friday 20th June 2014 in Sport

share to Whatsapp

WANDERERS face missing out on fans’ favourite Lukas Jutkiewicz unless they act quickly.

Sources close to the player claim promotion-chasing Derby County have now matched Middlesbrough’s £1million asking price for the striker – and local rivals Wigan Athletic are prepared to follow suit in the next 24 hours.

Wolves and Blackburn Rovers have also registered their interest, but despite the competition, it is understood Jutkiewicz would prefer a move to Bolton, where he was a smash hit on loan last season.

Dougie Freedman has confirmed his interest in the 25-year-old but the Whites have struggled to come up with the cash this summer.

That could change if reported interest from Burnley materialises in a bid.

But the reailty if that they could now miss out on Jutkiewicz if Steve McClaren’s Derby get their man.

McClaren is understood to see Jutkiewicz as the missing piece of a squad that has been carefully assembled over the last four years and just missed out on promotion via the play-offs last season.

There has been mounting worry among Wanderers fans that the lack of a proven goalscorer could see them miss out on the top six again next term.

But Jutkiewicz proved in his four-month stay that he suits Freedman’s system – scoring seven goals in 21 appearances for the club.

Freedman also wants to bring back Joe Mason from Cardiff City but is focusing first on trying to head his Championship rivals off for the highly-rated Jutkiewicz who he rescued from the subs’ bench at the Riverside last season.

Wanderers go into the new season with Jermaine Beckford as the only recognised front man.

Marvin Sordell is not likely to feature regularly under Freedman and last season’s goal-getters have now returned to their parent clubs.

Jermaine Beckford isn't exactly a bad striker either is he lets be honest.

Someone on the other forum has posed about this.

"Not for me, he's not as good as Bennett or Ward"

What is it about us getting linked with players and supporters immediately say "not for me, don't want him"

It really p****s me off. 

Firstly he is completely different to Bennett and Ward so comparing them is stupid.

Too many of our supporters are so willing to say no straight away. 

Would love to know how many times that supporter had seen Juke play to make a comment that he isn't as good as Bennett or Ward.

This is one of the reasons I always look at this forum now, as everyone on here seems to have their head screwed on.

Archived