Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

I don't get this 'star signing to show our intent' nonsense. There wasn't a fat lot wrong with what we did last season so if we can either resign the likes of Thorne and Wisdom or, if they're not available, replacements who are at least of the same calibre, then that will do for me.

I agree which makes this level of interest in Jutkiewicz even more bizarre.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we initially signed Martin I'd wager the majority of fans didn't even think he was up to the standard of being a mid-championship player so what do we know.

I don't get this 'star signing to show our intent' nonsense. There wasn't a fat lot wrong with what we did last season so if we can either resign the likes of Thorne and Wisdom or, if they're not available, replacements who are at least of the same calibre, then that will do for me.

+1. I don't get this "show our intent" stuff either...surely everyones intent is to get promoted.

You could say Burnley showed their intent to get relegated when they sold Austin...didn't help other teams to beat them did it!!

Thanks for the advice.

You say they've not made one bad signing yet they've only had one window and signed one player for a cash fee.

Are we not allowed to be disappointed about the prospect of signing a mid-championship level player for a big fee?

Most fans, football experts or not, are a little underwhelmed at the prospect.

Poll?

What difference does it make?

If he signs I'll support him and Mac no matter what and see where it goes. I've seen enough of Lukas to form an opinion of him.

I'm not the sort of person to slag off our players, Sammon included.

What does that prove? That you're a blind faith uber fan?

Surely the correct thing is to give your two penneth, support the signing and support the player if and when here until it's clear other wise.

When we initially signed Martin I'd wager the majority of fans didn't even think he was up to the standard of being a mid-championship player so what do we know.

We did that.

I went through the various transfer rumours and Chris Martin threads six months on and highlighted who said what. It made for interesting reading - and a couple of people whose opinions were shown up as "laughable and ridiculous" ( © McSilks ) have been conspicuous by their absence since.

I have that effect on people.

What does that prove? That you're a blind faith uber fan?

Surely the correct thing is to give your two penneth, support the signing and support the player if and when here until it's clear other wise.

Pinning your hopes on a player we haven't and probanly won't sign is 'blind faith'!

How is openly slagging off a player who we've probably got for another year the right thing to do but supporting his efforts isn't?

How is your any different from the 'boro fan's attitude to Juke? Difference is, Juke won't be there in August.

Thanks for the advice.

You say they've not made one bad signing yet they've only had one window and signed one player for a cash fee.

Are we not allowed to be disappointed about the prospect of signing a mid-championship level player for a big fee?

Most fans, football experts or not, are a little underwhelmed at the prospect.

Who says he's a mid-table championship player? Keogh was relegated with Coventry and we paid £1.3m, a season later he won our player of the year and is now attracting interest from the Premiership.

Underwhelmed? What are you expecting... Strikers are a huge commodity in football, strikers are going to cost large fees, it's modern football. Minus free transfers, you won't get a half decent striker that's got a decent record for poor sides for under a million..

Us football experts are entitled to our opinion and have every right to give our thoughts on any prospective signings. Without these football experts who go week in week out, there would be no football club. On topic of the player in question... over 1.3m? No chance, average championship player with average goalscoring record... for that fee... no thanks

Yep I agree, entitled to your opinion. But, the experts who have years of experience in the industry and who have probably scouted him relentlessly over the past few months will probably have a greater insight into his ability...

Underwhelmed? What are you expecting... Strikers are a huge commodity in football, strikers are going to cost large fees, it's modern football. Minus free transfers, you won't get a half decent striker that's got a decent record for poor sides for under a million..

I'm not alone in being less than interested.

Derby can sign whoever they want, it doesn't mean I have to be excited about it. His record isn't great and neither was his performance last time I saw him.

And he's not for sale at under a million, he'll cost at least £1.5m.

Only curiosity for me is that he's not going to displace Martin from the side and we're unlikely to change our system, hence he'll be a squad player. Surprised that we're suddenly looking at signing squad players for £1m+. 

Certainly need cover for Martin though, we looked lost against Millwall when he was suspended.

Yep I agree, entitled to your opinion. But, the experts who have years of experience in the industry and who have probably scouted him relentlessly over the past few months will probably have a greater insight into his ability...

Every manager can make mistakes... mclaren after 1 season isnt alex ferguson... dont forget same person who signed maccarone and afonso alves for boro and who rejected cash and gareth bale for stewart downing... every manager makes mistakes but over 1.3m for a back up striker who doesnt have even a half decent record to me is bad business... when that money could be added to the 1m bid an get george. Many strikers out there who would EXCITE me that we could sign but this guy doesnt do it for me. If we have 1.3m for him why not go for someone like vokes who wont get a look in at burnley or someone from league one with a good goal return?

Every manager can make mistakes... mclaren after 1 season isnt alex ferguson... dont forget same person who signed maccarone and afonso alves for boro and who rejected cash and gareth bale for stewart downing... every manager makes mistakes but over 1.3m for a back up striker who doesnt have even a half decent record to me is bad business... when that money could be added to the 1m bid an get george. Many strikers out there who would EXCITE me that we could sign but this guy doesnt do it for me. If we have 1.3m for him why not go for someone like vokes who wont get a look in at burnley or someone from league one with a good goal return?

Such as??????

Prior to joining Burnley, Vokes had scored 14 goals in 90 matches so hardly prolific! Yes he had a good season last time out but what's to say Jukiewicz or some other 'unfashionable' player couldn't do something similar given the right service?

I'm not alone in being less than interested.

Derby can sign whoever they want, it doesn't mean I have to be excited about it. His record isn't great and neither was his performance last time I saw him.

And he's not for sale at under a million, he'll cost at least £1.5m.

What would whelm you for £1m then?

Archived