Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

I understand this, but why haven't the club/DET ect rejected it if it was total ********? This rumours been flying around since Jan and surely the club would let the fans know if it was false info?

I asked (tweeted) Owen Bradley, Ed Dawes and Steve Nicholson about this yesterday.

The Radio Derby guys were aware that some kind of clause existed though weren't sure of the ins and outs of it. They aren't over concerned about him leaving as though he will likely stay regardless. Apparently, it was mentioned in January although I never picked up on it at the time. Steve Nicholson never got back to me. 

Alan Nixon is a Scot. Maybe he knows Bryson or his agent and is pressing the issue to get a new improved deal for him? I think Craig is happy at Derby.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure Alan Nixon has been referenced as a source for most of our rumours this summer, with nothing happening so far...

In fact most seem to go like this:

Person A: Nixon said this!

Person B: The odds are saying this!!

Person C: #FACTS!!!

Persons D-[page 96]: [Puns about rumoured player]

I know nothing is happening right now, but I'd be a bit more cautious with twitter rumours and bookies odds at this point. The only thing we know with any certainty is that we're interested in Thorne and clubs will be interested in our key players, it happens after a good season.

When it's been going on for 6 months and involves our play of the season then surely it'd be easier to disregard it if it wasn't true?

Been going on for 6 months and he's still a Derby player, doesn't that speak for itself?

I'm pretty sure Alan Nixon has been referenced as a source for most of our rumours this summer, with nothing happening so far...

In fact most seem to go like this:

Person A: Nixon said this!

Person B: The odds are saying this!!

Person C: #FACTS!!!

Persons D-[page 96]: [Puns about rumoured player]

I know nothing is happening right now, but I'd be a bit more cautious with twitter rumours and bookies odds at this point. The only thing we know with any certainty is that we're interested in Thorne and clubs will be interested in our key players, it happens after a good season.

Well done Albert! That's what I call abstract.

So Nixon happily states Burnley are in talks with Bryson and Keogh, yet is reluctant to mention anything regarding this 1m target man were supposedly after.

Convinced now, he knows about as much as you and me when it comes to ins and outs at the/any club.

Started following Nixon on Twitter last week.

I have drawn the conclusion that he is the journalistic equivalent of a P. tease.

He knows nothing and gets off on the *power* of people hanging on his every word.

Rant over. Back to my cup of tea.

PistoldPete2

@reluctantnicko Has the bid for Bryson and Keogh been put in yet?

@RonanMoorhouse I think the talks have begun ...

WTF does that mean? The talks have begun....? Burnley are talking about bidding? Burnley have asked about whether they would be available? Have they bid yes or no, looks like the answer is no.

STF up then.

WTF does that mean? The talks have begun....? Burnley are talking about bidding? Burnley have asked about whether they would be available? Have they bid yes or no, looks like the answer is no.

STF up then.

Or maybe the talks have begun over a new contract? Who knows? It's all b0ll0cks

Archived