Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most journos a little closer to the Derby camp than Alan 'Nostrodamus' Nixon are aware there is a clause but that it is unlikely to cause an issue and we'll be unlikely to see Bryson F'off for as little as £750k.

I'm content with that. And even if he does go for £750k, that's what we paid for Russell. Probably a fair valuation at the time of his last contract!

If Craig Bryson wants to stay at Derby it will be about him signing improved terms. If we give him enough incentive and he WANTS to stay and the club do not want to sell then he will stay. Simple as that. If he wants premiership football sooner than he thinks Derby can deliver he will go. Any release clause only is applicable if he wants to go and the club don't want him to.

Certainly not being selected for the play off final has at the very least made him think a little longer about the option of leaving. Perhaps he sees the writing on the wall, with Hughes and Hendrick as the first choice pairing moving forwards and if he thinks that is the case then why not cash in after his best season ever....

Most journos a little closer to the Derby camp than Alan 'Nostrodamus' Nixon are aware there is a clause but that it is unlikely to cause an issue and we'll be unlikely to see Bryson F'off for as little as £750k.

I'm content with that. And even if he does go for £750k, that's what we paid for Russell. Probably a fair valuation at the time of his last contract!

Just to clarify, what do you mean by 'there is a clause but it's unlikely to cause an issue'?

Certainly not being selected for the play off final has at the very least made him think a little longer about the option of leaving. Perhaps he sees the writing on the wall, with Hughes and Hendrick as the first choice pairing moving forwards and if he thinks that is the case then why not cash in after his best season ever....

bit harsh I thought bryso couldn't play cause he was coming back from an injury?

bit harsh I thought bryso couldn't play cause he was coming back from an injury?

Agreed, who would change a team that just obliterated the meanest defence in the league 4-1? Couldn't make one manager that would. Was correct team to put out at the start....

Just to clarify, what do you mean by 'there is a clause but it's unlikely to cause an issue'?

They are aware there is a clause and it was (Apparently, although I don't remember it) discussed during the January transfer window.

Nixon believes it is a release clause (£750k would be the maximum bid required take him) whereas others believe it may be similar to Suarez's clause (£750k bid alerts the Bryson camp that there is definite interest but the club aren't forced to sell at that price).

The fact that we have made it through the January window and Bryson is still a Derby player speaks volumes about the situation.

Agreed, who would change a team that just obliterated the meanest defence in the league 4-1? Couldn't make one manager that would. Was correct team to put out at the start....

We've discussed this before. I would argue that an astute coach who recognised the difference in the way the opposition would set up would select his team appropriately and not just go with winner stays on...

In response to WNH has it been documented that Bryson wasn't fit enough to start?

We've discussed this before. I would argue that an astute coach who recognised the difference in the way the opposition would set up would select his team appropriately and not just go with winner stays on...

In response to WNH has it been documented that Bryson wasn't fit enough to start?

We would differ, I wouldn't want to set up to how the opposition play....

However I will agree with you if he's fit enough to be on bench he's fit enough to start

Huh? Maybe Bryson only had 70 mins in him. You don't start him when you have two other good midfielders and force yourself to use a sub.

agree with that, just answering the question if he was fit enough that's all :)

How do you know he played Hendrick and Hughes because of the Brighton game? Maybe it was a tactical decision? All the noises beforehand were that they were going to rough us up, who better to play than a 6"1 brick shithouse? And considering how good Barton is, maybe Hughes was played to guarantee midfield control as opposed to leaving it up to Thorne?

How do you know he played Hendrick and Hughes because of the Brighton game? Maybe it was a tactical decision? All the noises beforehand were that they were going to rough us up, who better to play than a 6"1 brick shithouse? And considering how good Barton is, maybe Hughes was played to guarantee midfield control as opposed to leaving it up to Thorne?

I don't know that, but this seems to be the general opinion of the majority on here. If it was a tactical decision he clearly got it wrong as we didn't score.

always says Keogh is the main option for them at CB, bit worrying if you're a Burnley fan.. Keogh good Champ CB, but Premier League? Not for me.

Villa were also in for him apparently and Palace. Villa's defence is terrible though so Keogh would probably be an improvement over last season.

Villa were also in for him apparently and Palace. Villa's defence is terrible though so Keogh would probably be an improvement over last season.

Not entirely sure, but I think I can remember that QPR and Cardiff were after him as well as us the season we signed from Coventry, considering qpr had just been promoted and cardiffcwere a top championship side

Archived