Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither has McCormack (Reckoned to be £5m) nor Rhodes (Blackburn reportedly want £14m)

Again, McCormack. 27 and this season was his most prolific. Got to be worth £4m based on that, not £4m for him and Keogh...

I don't think McCormack is worth 4 million personally either...

It proves he can score goals.

yes but how many players have scored goals for one season and then not done anything again, do it again next season and that shows something.

I'm not trying to take away from what he has done, but just trying to take my derby blinkers off lol

I thought in the play off match Hendrick played well in the Bryson role, it might not be such a big loss after all if he goes

I agree, this squad is more than 1 player, we can't realistically expect to keep everyone, we've got to trust that Mac will find the right replacement. Could be a young loaner dm the prem could fill his boots. This seasons Bamford. It's not the end of the world.

However, it would be disappointing to see him go for so little. A £4-5mil payment would make it a lot easier to find a good replacement.

Having said all that, id be gutted to see anyone go, cos they're all heroes in my book. But we've got to be realistic that no one is here forever.

Nixon seems convinced that the 750k buyout clause exists...     :unsure:

1. @reluctantnicko @dcfc_stephen but what is the actual clause? We have to accept or allow him for talks? Could be like Suarez and Arsenal!

PistoldPete2

Does this Nixon guy deal with any transfers that don't include Derby players?

Dont know. Even the Keogh price looks low, at £1.75 million not much considering we paid £1.1 million for him, he was player of year, and Dyche rates him so much he wants him to play in the Prem. Would think £2.5 million for Keogh which would mean Bryson going on a free. Sounds like ****** to me.

It seems ridiculous to me that we would agree a paltry release clause fee of £750k for such an integral member of our team.

Whoever agreed to that needs shooting - shooting I say.

It would have been C? Or does the manager have no input?

It seems ridiculous to me that we would agree a paltry release clause fee of £750k for such an integral member of our team.

Whoever agreed to that needs shooting - shooting I say.

We don't know that anyone agreed to it, it might not exist.

Look the bottom line is bryso is still Derbys player albeit I don't think for much longer , what amazes me about the full thing is why are derby not trying to buy out his contract , it would surely cost a lot more than 750k to replace him ?

Look the bottom line is bryso is still Derbys player albeit I don't think for much longer , what amazes me about the full thing is why are derby not trying to buy out his contract , it would surely cost a lot more than 750k to replace him ?

Nixon and the guardian have said we're offering him a new contract... All down to Bryson I suppose. Hopefully he buys into our project and signs up

Archived