Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

all I can say Nixon knows far more than daveo or eddie , poor souls

You're a bit of an idiot if you think that you can carry on getting away with being a dick to the site head honcho. You can with me because I like trolls, but Daveo is likely to rip your Brysons off and shove them down your throat. The last person who tried it got a free transfer to comeonyourams.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sort of clause though? One that alerts the player if the fee has been met or one that means Derby are forced to accept such fee? Nixon says they have to sell at that price but Radio Derby weren't convinced this was true...

Plus, he's still a Derby player which means no one activated it in January. £750k is a steal for one of the best midfielders in the league both in terms of attaining a goalscoring midfielder and scuppering your promotion rivals chances in January.

What sort of clause though? One that alerts the player if the fee has been met or one that means Derby are forced to accept such fee? Nixon says they have to sell at that price but Radio Derby weren't convinced this was true...

Plus, he's still a Derby player which means no one activated it in January. £750k is a steal for one of the best midfielders in the league both in terms of attaining a goalscoring midfielder and scuppering your promotion rivals chances in January.

Not necessarily - it means he didn't move in January. At that point, why would he have wanted to move? No top Premier League club would have been in for him and we were a very good bet for promotion.

I believe if Bryson is sold that the fee paid to Derby County will be undisclosed but widely reported at 750k - which Derby will refuse to confirm if true or not.

He will definitely not move to another Championship club, clause or not, he'll either move to the Premier League or stay here and sign a bumper deal.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I think a few people are defensive due to the fact that the 'rumour' doesn't suit our agenda. I have absolutely no reason to doubt Nixon, he won't know absolutely everything but he seems adamant that this clause exists - why would he lie?  

Not necessarily - it means he didn't move in January. At that point, why would he have wanted to move? No top Premier League club would have been in for him and we were a very good bet for promotion.

I believe if Bryson is sold that the fee paid to Derby County will be undisclosed but widely reported at 750k - which Derby will refuse to confirm if true or not.

He will definitely not move to another Championship club, clause or not, he'll either move to the Premier League or stay here and sign a bumper deal.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I think a few people are defensive due to the fact that the 'rumour' doesn't suit our agenda. I have absolutely no reason to doubt Nixon, he won't know absolutely everything but he seems adamant that this clause exists - why would he lie?  

If Burnley are interested now, why wouldn't they have been interested in January when, for £750k, they could have all but guaranteed second place?

It's Nixon, and only Nixon, who is pushing this story. He is (Or at least was) adamant that this clause is present and is set at £750k. Now his tweets are becoming even more cryptic. Talks between the two clubs are not going well... If the clause is as he said there is no discussion. "750k. Matched. Sold." That's what he tweeted.

I'm not saying he's lying. He may have been misled.

Its probably been mentioned but Sam Rush should be all over player contracts, its his meat and drink. He wouldn't have come out so strongly and said the core of the squad wouldn't be broken up if he thought there was a danger of losing Bryson on the cheap.

I expect he's either confident Bryson will stay, confident if we sell we'll get a decent fee or we've got a direct replacement lined up if he does go for a low fee.

The guys not daft - he's not going to stick his neck out like that without some risk mitigation...

Its probably been mentioned but Sam Rush should be all over player contracts, its his meat and drink. He wouldn't have come out so strongly and said the core of the squad wouldn't be broken up if he thought there was a danger of losing Bryson on the cheap.

I expect he's either confident Bryson will stay, confident if we sell we'll get a decent fee or we've got a direct replacement lined up if he does go for a low fee.

The guys not daft - he's not going to stick his neck out like that without some risk mitigation...

I could not agree more. He's a businessman who wants success. I wouldn't be too surprised if we went up to the Prem either this upcoming season or next and he chooses to sell us. The only way he's  going to get there is if he keeps his star players of which Bryson is arguably one of the best. If he does lose him he won't want pittance for him, he will want mega dollars.

If Burnley are interested now, why wouldn't they have been interested in January when, for £750k, they could have all but guaranteed second place?

It's Nixon, and only Nixon, who is pushing this story. He is (Or at least was) adamant that this clause is present and is set at £750k. Now his tweets are becoming even more cryptic. Talks between the two clubs are not going well... If the clause is as he said there is no discussion. "750k. Matched. Sold." That's what he tweeted.

I'm not saying he's lying. He may have been misled.

You can't force him to move though, that's why he didn't move. 750k may mean bid accepted, but you still have to convince Bryson he is getting a better deal there than he is here. A very difficult thing to do, in my opinion.

In terms of coaching, style...etc he has got it good here. Bryson isn't an idiot, he knows full well what could become of him if he stays here and what may happen if he moves.

Brayford is the prime example, he probably realises that the grass isn't always greener. He has a good fit here, and I don't think he quite has the outstanding ability that allows him to fit in all styles and all methods. 

In Burnley's team I think he'd be useless and I can't for the life of me see why Dyche would want him - he doesn't fit.

@RonanMoorhouse: @reluctantnicko Any updates on Bryson and Keogh?

@reluctantnicko: @RonanMoorhouse There is. But I can't go into it just yet. Heating up.

@RonanMoorhouse: @reluctantnicko Deal off or could it still happen?

@reluctantnicko: @RonanMoorhouse Next few days will tell. Bryson thing lively.

@reluctantnicko: @RonanMoorhouse There is. But I can't go into it just yet. Heating up.

Not that lively!

I thought journalists loved being the first to break a story, clearly Nixon doesn't  :lol:

@reluctantnicko @RonanMoorhouse Just Burnley or others?

@Retro_31 @RonanMoorhouse See who is serious about doing it in next few days.

I bet Nixon doesn't know what colour underwear I'm wearing or the details in Bryson's contract

I thought you always went commando, Daveo.

You can't force him to move though, that's why he didn't move. 750k may mean bid accepted, but you still have to convince Bryson he is getting a better deal there than he is here. A very difficult thing to do, in my opinion.

In terms of coaching, style...etc he has got it good here. Bryson isn't an idiot, he knows full well what could become of him if he stays here and what may happen if he moves.

Brayford is the prime example, he probably realises that the grass isn't always greener. He has a good fit here, and I don't think he quite has the outstanding ability that allows him to fit in all styles and all methods.

In Burnley's team I think he'd be useless and I can't for the life of me see why Dyche would want him - he doesn't fit.

For me if there was a clause, especially that low, a team would have activated it, a story would have been released saying an offer had been accepted, like with Hulse, and it would have been reported that Bryson turned them down.

Nixon is claiming that Bryson would leave Derby for the chance to play in the Prem. For anybody basically.

I can't see this myself. For wages, maybe, but Burnley aren't going to offer huge wages and QPR are, well, QPR... Don't see how he would fit into Burnley's system and would he start ahead of Kranjcar or Morrison should he sign? I doubt it.

Seems as though Nixon knows a bit about the goings on but little about the actual teams he's talking about. He didn't know the we needed a right back for example yet he's commenting on our incomings and outgoings? Doesn't seem like he's too switched on about the second tier like most journos.

I would wager that Bryson will still be a Derby player come August.

The older I get, the more I dislike the money side of football. Players are treated as numbers on the accounts sheets. The papers, the twitter wannabees just go on about transfer figures, wage speculation and release clauses. I'm just sick of it. At the start of last season nobody saw what was coming from our side, nobody saw us losing in the dying minutes at Wembley, they saw us in mid table, maybe with a little flirt with bottom six.

It's sad that football can make such a say that it's how many define players.

I hope Bryson comes back to finish the job next season, but you never know what might happen. If his head gets turned by ££££s next season, who could blame him, we'd all do it. But ultimately there's no reason he can't get that here after another great season.

It's just all getting to me now though. I particularly feel sorry for Thorne, he just wants to be part of something here, but now he's stuck between a pair of businesses and a giant pile of £ signs. That's the nature of the beast now though.

I hope I'm wrong, perhaps it's just the pessimistic side in me coming out.

If Bryson does leave for Burnley at a fee of 750k then I'll be as gutted as anybody else on here. It would be a crushing blow to start the transfer window off and would likely see us fall out the pack of 'favourites' which could hinder us when bringing in new players. 

We'll see. 

Archived