Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

Keogh and Bryson for 3m might not be awful business for us and Burnley, considering the buy-out clause... Burnley get 2 players on the cheap (considering the 750k) but we get a solid 3m sum... I can't see anyone paying £2m+ for Keogh, especially when he has one year left on his contract. So whilst we are getting ripped off with Bryson, we are getting a very decent sum for Keogh, so it almost softens the blow? If the fee is £3m (papers today), it's not the end of the world, even though that is Bryso's value alone IMO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh and Bryson for 3m might not be awful business for us and Burnley, considering the buy-out clause... Burnley get 2 players on the cheap (considering the 750k) but we get a solid 3m sum... I can't see anyone paying £2m+ for Keogh, especially when he has one year left on his contract. So whilst we are getting ripped off with Bryson, we are getting a very decent sum for Keogh, so it almost softens the blow? If the fee is £3m (papers today), it's not the end of the world, even though that is Bryso's value alone IMO

So would it be good business to sell them for £3ml, and then maybe miss out on £100ml because of it ?

So would it be good business to sell them for £3ml, and then maybe miss out on £100ml because of it ?

You're missing the point mate. Bryson is going for 750k if he wants to go, that's happening, regardless of what we want (if true). We could max out of Keogh in a joint deal and have a solid £3m for two replacements (we signed Shackell, Barker and Keogh for under £1.5m). Surely that's better than having 750k to replace Brysons 16 goals (ain't gonna happen)

You're missing the point mate. Bryson is going for 750k if he wants to go, that's happening, regardless of what we want (if true). We could max out of Keogh in a joint deal and have a solid £3m for two replacements (we signed Shackell, Barker and Keogh for under £1.5m). Surely that's better than having 750k to replace Brysons 16 goals (ain't gonna happen)

I agree with that.

IF Bryson has that release clause then I'd sell them both in a joint deal for £3m now.

I am not missing the point,show me where Bryson has said he wants to go, Suarez has a buy out clause I believe, and some club was willing to meet it.

We should be trying to keep him.

2.25m for Keogh is a very decent offer, and I'd sell him at that.

750k, it's tough, but we don't have much choice. Ask him whether he'll sign a contract, give him what we think is right and then if not wish him a good day,

2.25m would sign a lot of better defenders than Keogh. 750k will struggle to find someone as good as Bryson, but it has been done before and it could be done again!

Honestly don't think too many clubs will be more attractive propositions than Derby at the moment, would be very short term thinking moving to a lower Premier club who get smaller gates with no guarantee of a regular place or being in that league the following season, I think most people have the feeling good things might be happening at our club just now so would be worst possible timing to leave for any player who has ambitions.

I am not missing the point,show me where Bryson has said he wants to go, Suarez has a buy out clause I believe, and some club was willing to meet it.

We should be trying to keep him.

Different buy out clause. Where did I say Bryson wanted to leave? Did you see the (if)? Surely it's better I get a larger overall fee so we can replace them adequately?

2.25m for Keogh is a very decent offer, and I'd sell him at that.

750k, it's tough, but we don't have much choice. Ask him whether he'll sign a contract, give him what we think is right and then if not wish him a good day,

2.25m would sign a lot of better defenders than Keogh. 750k will struggle to find someone as good as Bryson, but it has been done before and it could be done again!

Exactly this. And if we sell at a combined fee we can have more to spend to replace Bryson. Makes sense if Bryson doesn't want a new contract doesn't it!

Archived