John Vicars' twitter

RLACML

This is just smudging the bull sh@ to be painted out been hard done to.

What exactly do you get out of coming on the internet to slag off a person you don't know, regarding a situation you know nothing about?

When you yourself can't even put a coherent sentence together...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a load of *****.....

Now not going to the final... Why pay the bill then?

Her fault. End of. Accept and move on. 

And really if you are bothered so much about a twitter comment you really need to get out more.

JV is a sound guy at the club. End of.

What exactly do you get out of coming on the internet to slag off a person you don't know, regarding a situation you know nothing about?

When you yourself can't even put a coherent sentence together...

Oh so it's ok for you to do it to Jv. I understand now make sure you wave to us all in the westend of the ground when you lead the team out, I mean when your FRIEND leads them out. New song for Saturday lambchop gis a wave lambchop lambchop gis a wave, bboooooooooooo

Oh so it's ok for you to do it to Jv. I understand now make sure you wave to us all in the westend of the ground when you lead the team out, I mean when your FRIEND leads them out. New song for Saturday lambchop gis a wave lambchop lambchop gis a wave, bboooooooooooo

No, sorry, not a clue.

Clearly this is an issue that should have been addressed sooner. At the end of the day, yes, the customer made a huge and rather questionable oversight. But it seems unusual that none of the other parties involved flagged the situation before now either.

Regardless of whether the customer is right or wrong, to broadcast such information on a public platform is unprofessional and for a man of John's experience and standing, he should have known better. 

With football clubs essentially being viewed as businesses nowadays, this is an own goal in customer service. Even if the customer was culpable in some way and even if customers aren't always right, loyalty and satisfaction is the bottom line. So the last thing you want to do is alienate and embarrass your customers and airing dirty linen will do just that. These are isolated incidents but it only takes a few aggrieved whispers to tarnish reputations.

For me, it highlights the danger of using social media. Ten years ago, this 'you owe us £300' incident most probably wouldn't have become public knowledge. The matter would have been dealt with privately and probably more tactfully too.

I agree there's nothing that JV tweeted to link the tweet to the person in question, except in their own head. We don't know it's Lambchop's friend. It could easily have been made up to make a point and be witty on twitter. JV's tweets are an important source of information for nearly 5000 Rams fans. If a person gets upset by one of them, that's a shame, but not any kind of reason to stop the good work he's doing.

She's probably not going because she's had to tip up for the season ticket, and a final ticket plus travel and spends is just too much at the moment.

I'm sure everyone involved wishes they'd done things different.

Nobody knows who this lady is except old long tongue, so there's no problem with her feeling embarrassed around other people. If she wants to make a big fuss about it, and tell all her friends, then that's her choice.

I bet 95% of them think she ought to have known, but will not say so.

Let's not all fall out.

Clearly this is an issue that should have been addressed sooner. At the end of the day, yes, the customer made a huge and rather questionable oversight. But it seems unusual that none of the other parties involved flagged the situation before now either.

Regardless of whether the customer is right or wrong, to broadcast such information on a public platform is unprofessional and for a man of John's experience and standing, he should have known better. 

With football clubs essentially being viewed as businesses nowadays, this is an own goal in customer service. Even if the customer was culpable in some way and even if customers aren't always right, loyalty and satisfaction is the bottom line. So the last thing you want to do is alienate and embarrass your customers and airing dirty linen will do just that. These are isolated incidents but it only takes a few aggrieved whispers to tarnish reputations.

For me, it highlights the danger of using social media. Ten years ago, this 'you owe us £300' incident most probably wouldn't have become public knowledge. The matter would have been dealt with privately and probably more tactfully too.

Being owed £300 is nothing in comparison to being owed £85,000 by Forest.

Priorities.

NOt wanting to add fuel to te fire here but I agree with Lambchops.

If I've got a 300 quid direct debit coming out of my account monthly at 30 quid a month or so, there is no way I'd know whether it's gone out or not without physically looking at my statement.

My balance changes by 30 quid comfortably on most days so 30 quid here or there isn't going to get notcied and I'm just not the type of person to spend ages going througbh statements, unless I notice something stupid happening and a large amount moving that I hadn't catered for.

No-one can say she should have read her statement, there are different types of people and both have money, one is organised and disciplined and the other is not so much, maybe a bit chaotic.

I know John Vicars hasn't named or shamed her publicly but if that's YOU he's insinuated is a cheating thief, then there's no way you're going to be happy about it.

I just don't see what John Vicars is hoping to achieve with putting stuff like that on twitter, embarassing your own customer base.

The fact that now a season ticket holder can't go to what might be one of the biggest games of her life is very sad indeed and I'm honestly sorry to see so much gloating on here.

Archived