John Vicars' twitter

RLACML

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the new era of social media and marketing, JV is doing exactly the right thing and not parroting a tedious corporate line, but adding personality to his twitter feed. That's why it's called "social" and is how it should be done. Well done to the guy. He hasn't named any names - nothing he's done should be construed as unprofessional and if it irritates anyone, that's their problem.

JV - if you're reading this, how about corporate hospitality at Wembley for me and a few mates? :D

Christ he's only human, give the guy a rest!

Regardless of what they think, the customer is not always right, so some of said customers can pi55 off and untwist their knickers cos the club owes them precisely nowt. More like somebody owes the club.

I wouldn't dare to even try and get a ticket if I owed them money, how shameless is that? Some people have got more front than Blackpool.

Has Vickers done owt wring? Has he eck.

Older adult are allowed to use twitter nothing wrong that, just leave the guy alone. Doing a great job for DCFC

Twitter aside; taking a business point of view, from the outside, it appears he's doing a fantastic job. Commercial turnover is up by 25% this season. From 9.6 last term to 12 million this. Although some may not agree with the iPro and the JUSTEAT sponsorships, they have provided income for the football club, whilst still keeping us competitive on the pitch.

I think he's brilliant on twitter. Keeps the fans posted and regularly answers questions. Considering he's just our operating officer with a main proportion of his work focused on marketing, he really does keep the fans posted - top man.

Christ he's only human, give the guy a rest!

Regardless of what they think, the customer is not always right, so some of said customers can pi55 off and untwist their knickers cos the club owes them precisely nowt. More like somebody owes the club.

I wouldn't dare to even try and get a ticket if I owed them money, how shameless is that? Some people have got more front than Blackpool.

Has Vickers done owt wring? Has he eck.

Well said. The customer is not always right. I know this having worked in customer service for a long time. On some thankfully rare occasions you have to deal with some pretty ignorant and rude people. It's good to see someone high up pointing out what poorly paid staff have to deal with.

On most occasions there'll be one idiot wasting their time while hundreds more genuine people have to be kept waiting.

I don't have a problem with it, I'd be sick to the back teeth of things like that.

Especially the third one. Cancelled his season ticket 9-months ago because 'the football is ****', he should be blacklisted from a ticket at Wembley, well, in my opinion anyway. 

I just find it weird that someone with grey hair is actively using twitter.

Why?

Because these youngsters don't realise that us grey-heads are the ones that inverted the internet and know more about it than they ever will.

I thought his lines very funny. Each of these people sound like queue jumpers (yeah, yeah, one side and all that) trying it on...

Now...as for MY customer number...I've not purchased a ticket for a few years (I do live in Australia to be fair) but I do buy at least one shirt every year..and subscribe to Rams Player..and my customer number / user name NEVER works.

By the way, Vickster, friend, pal, buddy, mate, if you're happy to fill in for me at work (throw in flights and accomm if you really want to but I'll pay if I must), I'll come over...So can you fix my customer number just in case?

Stay at my place if you like (modest rent and bond) and I'm there!

I don't have a problem with it, I'd be sick to the back teeth of things like that.

Especially the third one. Cancelled his season ticket 9-months ago because 'the football is ****', he should be blacklisted from a ticket at Wembley, well, in my opinion anyway.

There could be a poll in which poster on here it's most likely to be...how do I set up a poll?

Archived