John Vicars' twitter

RLACML

Some of said customers can pi55 off and untwist their knickers cos the club owes them precisely nowt. More like somebody owes the club.

I wouldn't dare to even try and get a ticket if I owed them money, how shameless is that? Some people have got more front than Blackpool.

Imagining that said in the voice of Brian's mother in The Life of Brian, Ladyram...."promised me the best seats at Wembley, 'e did!"

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that he has a personality and that he shows that he can think for himself, not just a corporate yes man!

Like he's not really having a pop at fans who got disillusioned under the previous regime, it's understandable that some people were disillusioned as Vicars and Rush well know. The fans he is having a pop at are those that deserted the team and then expect some sort of loyalty back from the club after showing none themselves. 

Good on Vicars and hang up/block the number of any customer who is self righteous. Those ticket office employees don't deserve grief! 

I just find it weird that someone with grey hair is actively using twitter.

You ageist (or however you spell it) barstool. I am deeply hurt for us old grey haired mardy gits.. I served in the war to ensure you did not have to follow Bayern Derby you ungrateful sod.. (Bit of poetic licence used there)..

Anyway what is Twitter, I thought social media was on channel 911 ?

Am I missing out on something?

:angry:

He took a lot of abuse over twitter regarding tickets, I think he's done a great job, look at the queues at WBA last time... 22 hrs I queued and still paid £150 for a £30 ticket... This time it's 5 minutes in your own living room on a screen..

As for the tweets, if u owned a shop and so so e came and pinched say a £300 stereo off you, then came back in to try and buy another of the same would u serve them? No, would u allow them to socially abuse the fact that you won't serve them.... Hmmmm

I think it was just a bit of humour from him and his staff that get grief of idiots that aren't obviously real fans

Made me chuckle, no harm in it really.

Yes there is. As mentioned in the other thread, the woman whose direct debits hadn't worked is extremely upset by this.

She set the payments up in good faith, and the club didn't mention that there was a problem for the entire season. While she is trying to sort it out, a club employee makes a tweet which accuses her of being dishonest and abusive, neither of which are true.

Pretty despicable really.

Yes there is. As mentioned in the other thread, the woman whose direct debits hadn't worked is extremely upset by this.

She set the payments up in good faith, and the club didn't mention that there was a problem for the entire season. While she is trying to sort it out, a club employee makes a tweet which accuses her of being dishonest and abusive, neither of which are true.

A this person just so happens to of not realised that no money has been coming out each month for her season ticket

Yeah I think the customer was trying to pull a fast one. If I was in their situation and knew payments weren't being taken, but my season ticket was still letting me in, I'd not own up until queried by someone at DCFC.

It's just unfortunate she's been found out but us getting to Wembley. Would she have owned up if we had finished 2nd or not got in the playoffs

Do DCFC run the credits on them - or do they sell the debt to another company?

If that's the case, Derby wouldn't know would they, but the direct debit company should have been in touch with her tbf.

Yeah I think the customer was trying to pull a fast one.

Excuse me, but who the hell are you to make judgements about somebody you know nothing about. I know her well, and this is absolutely not the case.

Don't be so quick to judge other people by your own standards.

She is upset because she thought she was getting a free season ticket and now has to pay for it . No sympathy .

Do DCFC run the credits on them - or do they sell the debt to another company?

She still has the DCFC email telling her the direct debit was set up successfully. There was no 'debt' because the money was in her account and the agreement was in place. Not her fault something went wrong between the club and the bank, and not her fault it took them a year to inform her there was a problem.

She still has the DCFC email telling her the direct debit was set up successfully. There was no 'debt' because the money was in her account and the agreement was in place. Not her fault something went wrong between the club and the bank, and not her fault it took them a year to inform her there was a problem.

That's what I was getting at ..

Not her fault she didn't check payments she agreed to make were being made?

Archived