John Vicars' twitter

RLACML

SillyBilly

I'm not surprised. Bad grammar and childish intellect sounds about right for top management all over, don't see why Derby County would be any different.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOt wanting to add fuel to te fire here but I agree with Lambchops.

If I've got a 300 quid direct debit coming out of my account monthly at 30 quid a month or so, there is no way I'd know whether it's gone out or not without physically looking at my statement.

My balance changes by 30 quid comfortably on most days so 30 quid here or there isn't going to get notcied and I'm just not the type of person to spend ages going througbh statements, unless I notice something stupid happening and a large amount moving that I hadn't catered for.

No-one can say she should have read her statement, there are different types of people and both have money, one is organised and disciplined and the other is not so much, maybe a bit chaotic.

I know John Vicars hasn't named or shamed her publicly but if that's YOU he's insinuated is a cheating thief, then there's no way you're going to be happy about it.

I just don't see what John Vicars is hoping to achieve with putting stuff like that on twitter, embarassing your own customer base.

The fact that now a season ticket holder can't go to what might be one of the biggest games of her life is very sad indeed and I'm honestly sorry to see so much gloating on here.

shock horror!

shock horror!

Come on Boycie, your not one of the usual suspect when it comes to trying to put me in some kind of anti clubcamp.

Why is it a shock that I feel that way?

Do you think I'm saying to to be against the club?

This place makes me tired these days. I can't post without somoene thinking it's got an agenda.

I don't think it needed to be made public knowledge that's all, twitter is not the place for things like that and John Vicars isn't paid to make laugh, he's paid to run the club.

That's all.

I do feel sorry for this bint after hearing that.

Do you know her Lampchop?

And thanks very much for you're summary,Gerry Springer

Dcfc the caring club

Next case please

The moral of the story is "don't wait until we get to wembley,to discover you have a faulty direct debit"

Derby 1. Bint 0

Get in!

Dcfc the caring club

Whether or not you feel any sympathy for the individual concerned is irrelevant to the fact that Vicars behaviour is unprofessional and inappropriate.

Surely even the most heartless ***** among you don't want the club's reputation tarnished by his childish, attention seeking antics.

To be fare I have just had a very pleasing experience with the club. I ordered a few items and received the wrong print. When I emailed the club asking about sending the item back, this is the response I got from Mandy:

Hi

Thank you for your email.Im sorry that you have been sent the incorrect item.

Please keep the incorrect Tshirt as a gesture of good will and we will send you the correct one at no extra cost.

Kind regards

Whether or not you feel any sympathy for the individual concerned is irrelevant to the fact that Vicars behaviour is unprofessional and inappropriate.

Surely even the most heartless ***** among you don't want the club's reputation tarnished by his childish, attention seeking antics.

Was this individual actually named by JV?

If not,I really don't see an issue

If named,then it's a different story

Was this individual actually named by JV?

No, but as Ronnie said, if it was you that was being called dishonest when you're not, you'd be pissed off.. especially if this happened before the club had told you what had gone wrong, or given you the opportunity to put it right.

Boils down to two things:

Should the club have clocked that they weren't being paid and alerted the customer before ten months had elapsed - yes they should.

Should Vicars have publicly insinuated that this customer is a thief, before the customer even knew what was happening - no he shouldn't.

This is regardless of the upset caused, which I won't waste my time reiterating on here.

Did Vicars mention any name? No.

Would the person who basically ended up watching the Rams for free for an entire season know about it? Yes.

Would anybody else? Hardly anybody.

If it had been me, I would have said last Tuesday (or as soon as the problem came to light), "There has obviously been a mistake which neither I nor the club has noticed - please take the money owed now and inform See Tickets so that I can buy a Wembley ticket".

If it had been me, I would have said last Tuesday (or as soon as the problem came to light), "There has obviously been a mistake which neither I nor the club has noticed - please take the money owed now and inform See Tickets so that I can buy a Wembley ticket".

As I have already said earlier in the thread, this is exactly what she did, only it took three days of being on the phone for several hours a day, plus numerous emails, before the club were able to tell her what had happened. As soon as they did, she paid in full.

Not only has she not 'watched the Rams for free', she's wasted a good deal of time and money trying to put right something which wasn't even her fault in the first place.

Did Vicars mention any name? No.

Would the person who basically ended up watching the Rams for free for an entire season know about it? Yes.

Would anybody else? Hardly anybody.

I've been loathe to comment on this before as there appear to be a lot of facts we're unaware of. The impression created seems to have been of a stroppy customer v courteous staff,but we don't know that.It could have been frustrated customer v unhelpful staff for all we know. As Lambchop has just pointed out,the customer has now paid and therefore got nothing for free.Has she now been able to purchase a ticket? Apparently not.

Quite apart from the tenor of the conversation/s that took place,we also don't know the reasons why the instalments weren't collected.If staff simply failed to collect,then that's negligence.If attempts were made to collect and there were problems,without the customer being made aware of such problems,then that too is negligence.In the latter situation it's the club (or its agent) that was guaranteed to first know of the problem,not the customer.

Whilst some of us (in our opinions) might think it a little silly not to check bank statements,it's certainly not a crime and I know it happens.My best friend recently told me that his sister had cancelled a subscription ,but the company concerned had continued to collect payments for a year before she twigged.Therefore it would be wrong to assume the lady concerned in the DCFC case was not telling the truth.

The whole thing is just bizarre, for the sake of a throw away comment designed to make people chuckle?

I'm not looking to criticise the club or anything like that,  to me it seems like John Vicars is doing a very good job and is well respected within the club, I've got nowt against him at all.

I just don't see the sense in it

Surely customer service should be on a charm offensive right now.  I thought we were in a period of trying to win back fans, even those stay aways. Maybe especially the stay aways.

It could have been solved in a much nicer way. Without the need to tweet about anything.

"Madam, we've just notcied that the direct debits have not been coming out of your account at all for this season for some reason, we'll look into who has made the mistake and how to fix it latere,  but now the priority is to get you a seat reserved at Wembley, of course in order for us to sell you a play off final ticket, you'll have to pay your outstanding season ticket balance in full.

Why don't we give you a call back in 15 minutes, I'll just chat to my boss and see how we should solve it."

The guy who stopped going cos it was rubbish, he should have been EXACTLY THE KIND OF FAN they should have tried to charm, whether he's a chancer or not.

"Of course we can do our best to help you get a play off final ticket sir, but to get you a valid customer number, it'll mean you'll need to commit to a ticket package for next season, now that the footballs so much better, I'm sure that'll be a pleasure for you, and by the way, we can set up direct debit to make it easier for you."

Why don't we call you back in 15 minutes to go over some options, we'd love to help you get to Wembley to see the lads."

I don't think anyone involved in the commercial side of the club should be seen to be mocking a customer base it's so desperately keen to get back.

Everything at the club is rosey, there's no need for daft spats to start.

The whole thing is just bizarre, for the sake of a throw away comment designed to make people chuckle?

I'm not looking to criticise the club or anything like that, to me it seems like John Vicars is doing a very good job and is well respected within the club, I've got nowt against him at all.

I just don't see the sense in it

Surely customer service should be on a charm offensive right now. I thought we were in a period of trying to win back fans, even those stay aways. Maybe especially the stay aways.

It could have been solved in a much nicer way. Without the need to tweet about anything.

"Madam, we've just notcied that the direct debits have not been coming out of your account at all for this season for some reason, we'll look into who has made the mistake and how to fix it latere, but now the priority is to get you a seat reserved at Wembley, of course in order for us to sell you a play off final ticket, you'll have to pay your outstanding season ticket balance in full.

Why don't we give you a call back in 15 minutes, I'll just chat to my boss and see how we should solve it."

The guy who stopped going cos it was rubbish, he should have been EXACTLY THE KIND OF FAN they should have tried to charm, whether he's a chancer or not.

"Of course we can do our best to help you get a play off final ticket sir, but to get you a valid customer number, it'll mean you'll need to commit to a ticket package for next season, now that the footballs so much better, I'm sure that'll be a pleasure for you, and by the way, we can set up direct debit to make it easier for you."

Why don't we call you back in 15 minutes to go over some options, we'd love to help you get to Wembley to see the lads."

I don't think anyone involved in the commercial side of the club should be seen to be mocking a customer base it's so desperately keen to get back.

Everything at the club is rosey, there's no need for daft spats to start.

you'll have John Vicars offering you a job next.

we can set up direct debit to make it easier for you.

Or not.

Ironically, the admission of failure is there in Vicars' own comment, in the words 'all day' and 'owes £300'. Why did it take all day, three days in fact, to make the customer aware of the debt?

Because the club didn't actually know why her customer number wasn't working, and in the first instance they emailed her a new number... which also didn't work. They didn't know they hadn't been paid, so they just told her to keep on trying See Tickets.

Archived