John Vicars' twitter

RLACML

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The moaners have got to moan about something haven't they? Embarrassing thread really. Let the man carry on doing the good job him and the rest of the club have been doing and enjoy this week coming. Brilliant time to be a ram

It's guaranteed football income from TV money over four years, not one lump sum. Financial management of cash flow is so important, but with the Finance Director being ex Chelsea, and Sam Rush, I am confident we have two professionals in the club to manage in the correct manner.

Of course, we have to win first.

She has paid in full today, which as I understand it is the first time the club have made the situation clear to her.

The grievance isn't just that the direct debit cocked up, but that she's had to chase the club since Tuesday to find out why her customer number wasn't working, and that Vicars misrepresented her situation on sausageter before the club gave her the opportunity to sort it out.

She's done her best to get to the bottom of it, only to be frustrated by the club's ongoing inefficiency and being insulted by Vicars into the bargain.

To be honest, I'm really surprised at the lack of empathy for her situation on here. We all know how desperate we've been to get tickets, and how frustrating and stressful it is when things go wrong, yet most seem happy to assume the worst and point the finger in this case, because of Vicars' comment. Sadly she won't now be going to the final.

Pleased to hear it's been sorted out to an extent. I must admit, as one who works in Finance, I'm flabbergasted that someone in this day and age doesn't check their bank statements (he typed this, slightly embarrassed, as he hasn't checked his in months).

I'm sure you can imagine what's happened: Rammie, working part time in the office to help out in a pretty hectic period, has yelled out, "hey Vics, you'll never believe..."

He's reacted somewhat injudiciously, tweeting about it (though "sausageting" is a great word) having clocked up about the 3000th sob story in a week.

What he ought do now is investigate why no warning notices were sent to her; why her season ticket wasn't suspended; and (wait for it) offer her a ticket as a sign of goodwill.

She's displayed goodwill by paying the arrears. There is plenty of blame to go around on both sides. I must admit, when I had to cancel my credit card last year due to fraudulent transactions, one of the direct debits stopped was my membership of my AFL club. The club rang me within two days to ask (felt like they were demanding at the time) what was going on. A week later it was resolved but, had it not been, the barcode on my membership would have been stopped within weeks. As it should have been had the circumstances not been genuine.

He is a sound bloke, always time for fans and listens to what fans want, I think lamb chop knows far to much about this IMO, sounds like it was her spending hours on the phone, don't care what she says if the rams had finished 8th she would of known! I know a fan who got a refund on his st a couple of years back but went to a game and curiously attempted to use it... It worked, all season! Boom free season ticket .. Did he tell the club.. Like hell he did

I was going through some old paperwork the other day and found a letter dated 2011 from the club re that years ST's.

It said

'Dear Season Ticket Holder

Due to technical difficilties we were unable to process the collection of your direct debit that was due on 1st September 2011. In order to keep your payments up to date we will be collecting this amount on 15th September 2011. Please ensure that the funds are available for this collection to take place.

If this will cause you difficulty or you wish to discuss the matter please contact us by 12th September to make alternative arrangments either by telephone on 0871 472 1884 option 6 or email to accounts@dcfc.co.uk.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thankyou for your continued support.'

This is an old letter I know (paperwork gets stashed in our house) so I can't undetstand why this lady wasn't sent one if the club were at fault? No doubt if funds were not available from us, we'd have got another letter telling us?

I'm not quite getting what went wrong. Maybe she moved house and didn't update her address with the club so didn't get her mail? I dunno.

Archived