John Vicars' twitter

RLACML

NOt wanting to add fuel to te fire here but I agree with Lambchops.

If I've got a 300 quid direct debit coming out of my account monthly at 30 quid a month or so, there is no way I'd know whether it's gone out or not without physically looking at my statement.

My balance changes by 30 quid comfortably on most days so 30 quid here or there isn't going to get notcied and I'm just not the type of person to spend ages going througbh statements, unless I notice something stupid happening and a large amount moving that I hadn't catered for.

No-one can say she should have read her statement, there are different types of people and both have money, one is organised and disciplined and the other is not so much, maybe a bit chaotic.

I know John Vicars hasn't named or shamed her publicly but if that's YOU he's insinuated is a cheating thief, then there's no way you're going to be happy about it.

I just don't see what John Vicars is hoping to achieve with putting stuff like that on twitter, embarassing your own customer base.

The fact that now a season ticket holder can't go to what might be one of the biggest games of her life is very sad indeed and I'm honestly sorry to see so much gloating on here.

She owes the club money. Why should she be able to pay to watch us at wembley when she should be paying that debt off?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She owes the club money. Why should she be able to pay to watch us at wembley when she should be paying that debt off?

As I understand it she has now paid what was owed on the season ticket. The problem, it seems to me, is that the club didn't explain the issue or get in touch with the customer to ask for payment before this week. That meant it only came to light when her customer number didn't work when attempting to purchase a ticket on Tuesday.

You can say she should have noticed the payments were not going out, but I'm not sure it's something I'd pick up on even now and certainly not when I was younger. Anyway for me that's almost a non issue here, the club must have been aware of an issue with her account before sending customer numbers to Seetickets. So surely they should have been in touch to try and rectify the situation and take payment before now?

This thread seems to be going round in circles -_-

Lets get this straight the reason for flexible payments on season tickets is to make it affordable for people who can't afford to pay whole sum up front. So by taking up this option can only assume that money is tight or tight enough for the fact you would have to watch your money, and would certainly notice the amount going out the bank or not in this case.

Another daft question from me, but lets say she didnt know about the dd not coming out, surely she would have noticed her customer no was not working when she renewed her season ticket earlier in the year?

I'm not gloating Ronnie, just think it's sensible to check all DD's are paid correctly and on time.

Can't believe people are getting slated for actually keeping their finances in order.

There's nothing wrong with that.

John Vicars has only had a pop at people who have been arsy to the sales team by the sounds of things so I don't care if you're a season ticket holder or not, none of us should speak down to sales staff just because there may be a problem with a customer number. 

John Vicars has only had a pop at people who have been arsy to the sales team by the sounds of things so I don't care if you're a season ticket holder or not, none of us should speak down to sales staff just because there may be a problem with a customer number. 

Bingo! That's how I've interpreted it too.

Regardless of who's fault it is, who's not told who something else, etc etc, there is absolutely no need to be a pain in the arse and abusive to someone who's just trying to make a llving (fact of the matter is, it's probably not their specific fault). JV even pointed out before broadcasting these customers that that was why he was doing it.

As someone who works in retail, I'm all for this, especially the boss sticking up for his staff. There are some right bellend customers out there that could do with this sort of treatment.

But this 5% do not ever see that they're wrong.

There's never any excuse for bad manners, don't care who you are.

Archived