John Vicars' twitter

RLACML

I like his interaction with the fans, I like the regular updates he gives, but occasional tweets come across as very strange. Let me give a few examples - 

"We've apologised to the irate man who couldn't find his customer number having last bought a match ticket in 2005 our fault completely!"

"Lady yesterday constant all day in her criticism of club because her customer doesn't work - she owes us £300 from debt on old season ticket"

"One person getting very rude as his cust number not working on checking he cancelled his ST 9mths ago as he said the football was rubbish!"

Obviously everything at the club is going great right now and it might seem that I'm just looking for something to moan at but they just slightly irritated me and I wondered what others thought? It all seems very silly. What's the point of tweeting that? The people in question (looking to support our team) are only going to become more annoyed if they see it. Anyway, answers on a postcard 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's making a fairly clear statement, particularly with regards to punters being unpleasant to his staff. It does seem unprofessional but it feels to me that he is making a statement that unreasonable behaviour and attitudes are not welcome - and I agree, I loathe and detest the way that "customers" think they can treat staff like **** and that somehow they are owed something and have a right to stuff simply because they don't already have it. Scum.

Ok rant over, COYR

Incredibly unprofessional. Everyone has to deal with this sort of thing. Great customer service is not tweeting to the world about how bad your customers are, like a schoolgirl. Twitter went downhill a long time ago. Set up a proper online presence in which you are not limited to 140 characters and a feed. 

If you are receiving the same emails/tweets/messages over and over again then it is not the customers that are the problem it is you. 

Think it's frankly hilarious. JV has been a top bloke over twitter. Helps out genuine people all the time and has backed many fan campaigns and idea. He's having a laugh at some of the numpties who have come back to the club just because we are doing ok.

He'd be rightfully sacked for that in any other line of business.

But this isn't any other line of business. We're not customers, we're supporters.

I'd name and shame the bloke in question in the first tweet.

Archived