John Vicars' twitter

RLACML

Do you know her Lampchop?

Yes, she's a work colleague and a friend. Her Dad used to be high up in the club, and she's been Rams mad all her life. She's as honest as the day, and would never try to rip off the club, or anyone else. The whole incident has been very upsetting for her, and the tweet about her was insulting and unnecessary.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not her fault she didn't check payments she agreed to make were being made?

We've had this conversation about four times now, but no, that's not her responsibility. DCFC told her all was in place, and she took them at their word.

I don't read my bank statements either. Christ, who does? Are you short of entertainment or summat?

It doesn't take much to realise that if Lambchop is defending this woman so passionately there must be something in it.

Before you reply to a thread, at least read some of it first. Especially if you're going to be vitriolic. Chances are, someone's already done your job for you so you don't need to repeat it.

This thread is going around in circles. Everything that needs to be said is out there now, so let's leave it at that.

For any other situation of company if this happened then they would expect full payment of arrears or agreement to pay before offering future service. This is not any different.

Just because its football and Wembley doesn't make it special.

If you agree to make payments on a contract it is your resoonsibility to check.

Vicars mentioned no names.

If the lady in question has told everyone it's her, then that's her fault. She could have said nothing, and would have remained anonymous.

Maybe there is more than one person in this situation?

To be honest, I look at probably 1 statement in three months. If you don't check at all in 3 months, that's a bit slack if you ask me.

I'm sure she'll pay up what she owes, but taken at face value, it does look like she was winging it. Who wouldn't?

I'm sure she did have no idea, but with respect, you need to have a handle on your finances in this day and age.

We've had this conversation about four times now, but no, that's not her responsibility. DCFC told her all was in place, and she took them at their word.

I don't read my bank statements either. Christ, who does? Are you short of entertainment or summat?

You're bloody joking. Anyone in their right mind does, especially if they do business online.

If the lady in question has told everyone it's her, then that's her fault. She could have said nothing, and would have remained anonymous.

She's told her parents and me.. with all due modesty that hardly constitutes everyone, but I fully understand why she is upset by the implication.

At worst she is guilty of being naive and inexperienced in managing her finances, but it's still taken her four days on the phone to get any sense out of the club.

What bothers me about this is, with the ticket sales being outsourced, the club must've sent out valid customer numbers to Seetickets on Sunday/Monday. So for this lady's number not to have worked, her account with DCFC must've been flagged in such a way that led to her number not being included in the list sent to Seetickets, no?

This being the case, why did the club not contact her when they first noticed the problem and flagged it on their system? All seems very odd to me.

Archived