John Vicars' twitter

RLACML

Surely customer service should be on a charm offensive right now.  I thought we were in a period of trying to win back fans, even those stay aways. Maybe especially the stay aways.

Customer service doesn't need to be on a charm offensive at all. People are coming back for the football and the success.

Also interesting to see the point about her being rude to the staff being skirted around. That is why JV did it and, yet, people still seem to be going on about who's fault it is.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Customer service doesn't need to be on a charm offensive at all. People are coming back for the football and the success.

Also interesting to see the point about her being rude to the staff being skirted around. That is why JV did it and, yet, people still seem to be going on about who's fault it is.

Maybe cause there's no evidence she was rude to the staff? "Constant all day in her criticism" is what he said. I don't think this explicitly suggests rudeness.

I would've been critical of the club too had I been trying to buy a ticket on Tuesday and my customer number didn't work. Particularly if, as appears to be the case, there was no immediate explanation as to why.

Maybe cause there's no evidence she was rude to the staff? "Constant all day in her criticism" is what he said. I don't think this explicitly suggests rudeness.

I would've been critical of the club too had I been trying to buy a ticket on Tuesday and my customer number didn't work. Particularly if, as appears to be the case, there was no immediate explanation as to why.

Before posting those tweets, he explained that he was going to do it and why, the reason being they were rude to staff. I have no reason to not believe him.

You lot still here? Haven't you got a home to go to?

Can't. Landlord changed the locks because I hadn't paid the rent for 9 months.

:p

Before posting those tweets, he explained that he was going to do it and why, the reason being they were rude to staff. I have no reason to not believe him.

No he didn't. He said the staff had been getting vile abuse, yes, but he didn't say that was why he was posting the specific cases. The fact that in his tweets he describes one customer as "irate" one as "very rude" but this lady as "constant in her criticism" (shock horror) suggests to me he posted these specific stories simply because he found them amusing and two of them happened to also include rude customers.

We'll never know the full story for sure and if she was mouthing off and being rude, whilst I could somewhat understand it given the situation, that's out of order, but given what Lambchop has said I find it unlikely.

Anyway I'm out now, I'm feeling incredibly embarrassed sticking up for this fan...

Pro Vicars vs Pro Lambchop's mate ruck on Saturday before the game. I heard the Qpr fans in our end were on Vicar's side so I'm with them cos they are nails.

This thread is actually an ideal way to pass the time whilst trying to chill out before the most important game in football that is worth 100million, 1 billion or 1trillion depending which tabloid is best at making up round numbers.

No he didn't. He said the staff had been getting vile abuse, yes, but he didn't say that was why he was posting the specific cases. The fact that in his tweets he describes one customer as "irate" one as "very rude" but this lady as "constant in her criticism" (shock horror) suggests to me he posted these specific stories simply because he found them amusing and two of them happened to also include rude customers.

We'll never know the full story for sure and if she was mouthing off and being rude, whilst I could somewhat understand it given the situation, that's out of order, but given what Lambchop has said I find it unlikely.

Anyway I'm out now, I'm feeling incredibly embarrassed sticking up for this fan...

Ah my bad, I thought he explained why he did it, although that might have been after he posted them. Looking back though, I think the fact he mentioned the abuse before posting these tweets ultimately suggests that they're linked, as well as retweeting a person wanting him to name and shame them (which he didn't, most importantly).

I also think "constant criticism" could be interpreted a number of ways, especially if it was aimed at the guy/girl serving her, who was probably not directly responsible. The use of "constant all day" as well makes me think it went further than just your standard criticism of a genuine mistake. It could just be my interpretation of semantics but I still don't really see what he's done wrong.

I was in Brazil once and Santander had blocked my card (despite me telling them that I was going). Anyway, I rang them up at a rip off price and went through security and so on. Anyway, after about ten minutes, she informed me that I wouldn't get my card unblocked today because the people had already gone home. I went blooming mental at her, wonder if she tweeted about me.

Pro Vicars vs Pro Lambchop's mate ruck on Saturday before the game. I heard the Qpr fans in our end were on Vicar's side so I'm with them cos they are nails.

This thread is actually an ideal way to pass the time whilst trying to chill out before the most important game in football that is worth 100million, 1 billion or 1trillion depending which tabloid is best at making up round numbers.

£125m

Think it's time for a poll.

vault out of this thread. At the end of the day, we are all Derby and JV would be far better off slagging off any of the opposing teams instead of turning on his own. I don't know the facts and don't want too. In Derby we trust.

they were rude to staff. I have no reason to not believe him.

My friend assures me she was always polite to staff, and I have every reason to believe her. She is not a confrontational person at all, and most of the calls were made from work, where any 'rudeness' would have been overheard and set fingers wagging.

Keep on assuming the worst though, it's much more titillating.

My friend assures me she was always polite to staff, and I have every reason to believe her. She is not a confrontational person at all, and most of the calls were made from work, where any 'rudeness' would have been overheard and set fingers wagging.

Keep on assuming the worst though, it's much more titillating.

She would say that though, wouldn't she?

And, don't worry, I will.

Archived