Play-off SF Leg 1: Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BBC preview lists our injury worries as Barker and O'Connor.

They don't pay an awful lot of attention to us, do they?

Derby defender Jake Buxton, midfielders Craig Bryson and George Thorne and forwards Jamie Ward and Chris Martin should all return.

Defenders Shaun Barker (knee) and James O'Connor (thigh) are missing.

Cant remember when JOC was last seen!? Lad's a gonner!

My team for tonight would be:

Grant, Wisdom, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Thorne, Hendrick, Bryson, Ward, Russell, Martin

Bench: Legzdins, Whitbread, Naylor, Eustace, Hughes, Dawkins, Sammon

I'm going for Brighton 0-1 Derby, Chris Martin.

Nervous as hell...

Looking forward to tuning in to the game tonight as a neutral.

Forget about league form, play-offs are a complete lottery. I'd quite like another east midlands team in the prem next season alongside us though, so will be hoping for a Derby win.

I think it'll be tight tonight as neither team will want to concede. Out of all 4 play-off teams, I'd say Brighton have looked best against us, being the only team to get a double over us. That said I think Derby will get to Wembley.

First leg a tight 1-0 or 2-1 home win with Ulloa on the scoresheet. Second leg a two goal win for Derby, maybe 3-1 or 4-2 with Bryson, Martin and Sammon amongst the scorers.

I can't wait for this game now. Proper excited.

Not to so much because of the prize (it wouldn't bother me if we stayed down) but more so because we actually have some exciting worthy matches to play for at this stage of the season.

And, nowadays, I get excited watching us play - we're awesome.

Looking forward to tuning in to the game tonight as a neutral.

Forget about league form, play-offs are a complete lottery. I'd quite like another east midlands team in the prem next season alongside us though, so will be hoping for a Derby win.

I think it'll be tight tonight as neither team will want to concede. Out of all 4 play-off teams, I'd say Brighton have looked best against us, being the only team to get a double over us. That said I think Derby will get to Wembley.

First leg a tight 1-0 or 2-1 home win with Ulloa on the scoresheet. Second leg a two goal win for Derby, maybe 3-1 or 4-2 with Bryson, Martin and Sammon amongst the scorers.

Best of luck from me as well. I think you should do well against Brighton, although as Friendly Fox says, they played well against us - certainly at the Amex. But the play-offs are like cup games - If Derby raise their game, you can  do it. I think the watchword has to be tough defence tonight - watch Ulloa because he is very sharp when he is on song - but with the advantage of a second-leg at home, you should shade it on Sunday.

Either way, I will be watching on Sky and cheering on both sides: another East Midlands club in the Prem (and not Florist) will be great for City, but as I have said before, I kind-of want Brighton to get promoted so I get another trip to the Amex. I am determined to see us win there once before I turn me toes up!

COYR!

Archived